levenger retail outlets?

M

mike

I am considering going to a primarily paper system, and have read good things about levenger circa products on this site. I went to the levenger site, and they only mention retail stores in a few cities, (none of which I live in), is there another retailer that carries these products so I can see them first hand? I have requested the catalog, but would really like to touch them and see if they are worth the money.

Thanks,

Mike

BigStory

Registered
But the shipping....

One thing that drives me nuts is when you can't ship any other way that UPS or Fedex etc. I live in Canada. It was going to cost me $33 to ship $28 of stuff! And then, they might even charge me tax at the border, on top.

Oh well....
Gordon

R

ReBuild

The following is part of a replay I posted in the earlier in the forum re the levenger circa products with links etc. I understand that Target and Staples carries the system, though their versions are not likely to be the quality of levengers nor match the levenger configurations. Levenger users 60lb stock vs a lighter weight stock which generally won't hold up-to repeated removal and replacement. Also remember levenger does offer a great return policy ... don't like it return it ... you're only out postage.

"suggest that you look at the following links:

http://alanlnelson.typepad.com/seat..._use_my_le.html

This is a "how I use the Circa" story. The author appears to use the GTD methodology plus it's a good read on using a paper based system.

http://kvet.ch/articles/2006/05/04/...junior-notebook

Another review.

www.rollabind.com

This is the company that invented the binder system you are looking at and then licensed itto Levenger (and others)."

C

Chet

BigStory

I'm in Malaysia and I thought I had to pay big time to buy and have Levenger items shipped to me, but you face the same expensive shipping, too, except you're so much nearer - literally next door - to the States!

Is it easy for you to cross the border into the States? If it is, you might want to consider having the items shipped to a friend in the States, and then visiting them to collect your parcels.

TesTeq

Registered
It ain't easy anymore.

Chet said:
Is it easy for you to cross the border into the States?
It ain't easy for anybody to come to the USA anymore. You must have a very important and serious reason to consider going there. You have to apply for a visa (while for example Poland does not require visas from US citizens) and even if you obtain one you have no guarantee that you will be allowed to enter this country. Ridiculous. They trust nobody - even themselves :)

wordsofwonder

Registered
I have both the Staples-branded Rollabind notebook (which I found in my local store but which I couldn't find on staples.com yet last time I looked) and a few of the Levenger Circa notebooks. The Levenger Circa definitely has nicer paper than the Staples version, and also uses the Cornell notetaking format for pages, which the Staples version does not. On the other hand, the Staples notebooks are somewhat cheaper, and I like the cover on my (small-sized) Staples-branded notebook better than the plastic covers on the Levenger model.

But really, there's not that much difference between them. Now, if only Staples had the Rollabind punches...

-- Tammy

Aspen

Registered
I got the staples one also

I wanted to try out the system before I'd consider purchasing the more expensive ones. From what I can tell from the levenger.com website, it seems to me that mine is the same as the "junior" size. I'm considering ordering some of their special papers and seeing if they will fit. Has anyone had experience doing this?

M

mike

Thanks for all the quick responses! I think I have done a 180 and am going to go paperless for a bit longer. My company just provided us with new tablets and I am going to try to use only this device. I'm not even putting the palm software on yet, and am going to try to go with one device.

Thanks,

Mike

wordsofwonder

Registered
Aspen said:
I wanted to try out the system before I'd consider purchasing the more expensive ones. From what I can tell from the levenger.com website, it seems to me that mine is the same as the "junior" size. I'm considering ordering some of their special papers and seeing if they will fit. Has anyone had experience doing this?

As near as I can tell, there should be no problem. Staples Rolla letter-sized pages fit into my letter-sized Circa notebook, so I'm assuming that the Junior size is the same. Levenger has a good return policy if they don't fit, though. My local Staples manager is checking for me to see if any of the Rollabind accessories are going to available through Staples, so I'll report back whatever she finds out, too.

-- Tammy