Linking CRM to Outlook to a GTD Task Manager

leland91

Registered
I am an Executive Coach using Outlook 2011 for Mac. I want to integrate a CRM into my system (Email, Calendar, Contact, Task Manager for GTD).

I am open to any CRM and any task manager for GTD (I currently use Nozbe); and am open to changing from Outlook to another integrated Calendar, Email, Contacts systems (e.g. Google). I can't believe I am the first person looking for this integration...so I would value whatever suggestions any of you have.

P.S. It would be a plus if it all integrates with my iPhone and iPad

mcogilvie

Registered
leland91;105504 said:

You do realize that Microsoft and Apple embrace Outlook for Mac with all the warmth shown to circus clowns at a funeral? Furthermore, the integration most CRM systems display with any other software is terrible. I would look for a web-based solution.

leland91

Registered
Open to Suggestion

I am not wed to Outlook by any means...but am looking for a recommendation of an integrated system (Email, Calendar, Contacts, CRM, Task Manager). Thoughts?

mcogilvie

Registered
leland91;105508 said:
I am not wed to Outlook by any means...but am looking for a recommendation of an integrated system (Email, Calendar, Contacts, CRM, Task Manager). Thoughts?

Daylite might meet some of your requirements. Outlook is really the last big integrated PIM product. The trend is towards lighter-weight and/or more social software.

budygroupon

Registered
Did you ever find anything? Aside from rudimentary 1-way handling (you can email yourself something that becomes a task) I found one for Outlook and two others: ActiveInbox that turns gmail into something GTD (and is working pretty well for me right now despite how much I despise gmail) and IQTell which looks like it works with any email system and is more of a GTD tool overall. IQTell looks promising although it has a steep learning curve. Works with iPhone too.

Amazing how much more time it's taking me to find the right tools to use than it is to figure out how GTD can ultimately work for me...

Britt

mcogilvie

Registered
budygroupon;109613 said:
IQTell looks promising although it has a steep learning curve. Works with iPhone too.

Amazing how much more time it's taking me to find the right tools to use than it is to figure out how GTD can ultimately work for me...

Britt

In my quick tests, the iPad version of iqtell is rather buggy, and it doesn't have any email functionality.

I think you would be better off starting simple with gtd rather than searching for a magic tool.

goncalomata

Registered
Crm

leland91;105504 said:
I am an Executive Coach using Outlook 2011 for Mac. I want to integrate a CRM into my system (Email, Calendar, Contact, Task Manager for GTD). (...)

I use Omni Focus.
Each contact/company/client is a task. Notes of the task contain history entries (one line per event: phone calls, emails, whatever, thats looks something like "20/09/2012 I called, left message with secretary about xyz")

I honestly don't believe that integrating email is very good, because it takes too long to "read" what happened if you just have the link to the email itself (which sometimes may have multiple email replies within it). I recommend summing up.

Then I group contact/company/client into projects, depending on its timming (I also use context to have a second categorization, but that's just a plus). I would have something like: HOT (review every week), THIS WEEK, THIS MONTH, LEADS POOL and HISTORIC POOL.

I found that the reviewing pace is the key to a good CRM approach and also that it can't really be automatic, because it is a bit about feelings. I have to feel that it is the right time for ring back the client, or that a certain article is good to share with a certain group of clients, or a certain campaign about an event, or whatever... and I find that is has to be decided by me, not by an automatic alert.

In the end, after each reviewing, I flag the chosen ones to be next, and I get x number of calls to make or emails to write that will live within my regular task management. After each contact I immediately update the notes with what happened (but I think that practice is essential in any CRM system).

Hope that's helpful.

Goncalo Gil Mata
www.WHATsTheTRICK.com

johnaohman

Registered
Take a look at Insightly with Gmail/Google Apps

Insightly is a CRM and Task/Project Manager combination that is web based (SaaS). It's integrates tightly with Google Apps or just Gmail and Google calendar.

I have no connection with the company - just am aware of its existence and capabilities.