Live webinar: Guided GTD Weekly Review

davidcoforum

Administrator
Staff member
Let's start or refine your review habit! Experience what David Allen calls the "critical success factor" with GTD, by going through a complete GTD Weekly Review. You’ll get a taste of all 11 steps of the process, with helpful coaching along the way.

March 8, 2023 9:00–10:30AM Pacific

You can find the registration link in the Webinars panel on the right side of GTD Connect pages.

Shady Waxwing

Registered
I'm ready for this, because this week's reminder describes my current volume of work.

"The more compulsive you're feeling about working harder and longer to relieve the pressure, the more you probably need to do a thorough GTD Weekly Review, and to do it regularly. — David Allen"

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
I'm ready for this, because this week's reminder describes my current volume of work.

"The more compulsive you're feeling about working harder and longer to relieve the pressure, the more you probably need to do a thorough GTD Weekly Review, and to do it regularly. — David Allen"
I also liked this one from a week or so ago.

"The review is about dealing effectively with change. Things have come in, things have gone out. We have new perspective. We've been surprised. We're (slightly) wiser. Last week's perception of reality is insufficient."

René Lie

Certified GTD Trainer
My all time favorite:

Slow down. Turn the world off for an hour. Take a breath. Refresh.

Followed by this quote:

"The hurrier I go, the behinder I get" (Lewis Carrol)

The time I received this one couldn't have been more appropriate...

CARLOS-UK

Registered
Good Day
So I subscribed to a Wkly review walkthrough via GTD connect which happened on Friday AM's.
I found them to be a great way to not only stick to a time but also to see how and where my system could do with more attention.
Unfortunately there weren't enough of us to keep it going, however It did give me a taste of the power of regular reviews
Hence my decision to join a forum (primarily) seeing a Weekly Review partner.
My location is Nottingham UK however I suppose due to online capabilities its only the timing that counts.
A Friday or Mon Am between 6- 10 AM would be most ideal for me.

So with all that said.
I wonder if you could point me in the right direction..
Thank you :)

Good Day
So I subscribed to a Wkly review walkthrough via GTD connect which happened on Friday AM's.
I found them to be a great way to not only stick to a time but also to see how and where my system could do with more attention.
Unfortunately there weren't enough of us to keep it going, however It did give me a taste of the power of regular reviews
Hi. How might this work? If you are looking for a Weekly Review partner, I'd be happy to give it a go. My Weekly Reviews are often patchy or non-existent. I am also based in the UK. I am not currently a member of GTD Connect, not sure if that's a difficulty.
Simon :)

CARLOS-UK

Registered
Hi Simon Happy for your interest!
I’ve not got time to reply more than
to let u know I will do once I’ve got a little spare time …
Less > 2mins & more communication > better than leaving ppl guessing

CARLOS-UK

Registered
Hey Simon so now I've had a little time to unpack what this would look like. Here are my what, why, where and when's on this....

I currently use Episode 7 of a GTD podcast on Spotify
Meg Edwards guides through a weekly review which takes an hour.

As the process is the same, I'm happy to use any other version as they'll help to see the Wkly review process from other angles.

My plan is to do anything to help speed up practise, improve, mould and define a system that "handles business".
As of yet I've not built up enough trust in my lists to work off them confidently actually, they are squishy... incomplete, underdefined in places.

I see that working through a wkly review models what lists should be in place and referred to appropriately. I believe regular weekly reviews will help build that trust and competence.

Having a review buddy increases my chances of landing a review every week.
That's the standard to which I want to hold myself.
Until I feel that sense of control and direction I believe possible via a correctly applied methodology.

Always happy to discuss where we are on the journey.
Also happy to cut the small talk and just get down to business each wk.

Time 10 - 12 Friday AM's work best for me.
Although to due to work, I may have to work Friday mornings. In which case I'd do it midday Fri instead however that wont be for a month or so.

Using online meeting software I am happy to Host-a-share-screen session to complete the wkly review each week starting 1030 - 1130.

A consideration or variable worth mentioning here is...
Doing it alone gives scope to increase/decrease thinking time between each stage.
As individuals, we are likely to require more or less time than each other .

I have allowed 30 mins before and after the shared Review to; prep, collect & process.
If we can stick to an hour to begin with I would be happy to look at increasing thinking time in future.

OK I hope that this reaches you well
and it makes sense
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and suggestions.

Hi. Thanks for your thoughts on this. I feel a bit shy about doing a shared screen session at this stage. Also, I've retired from employment and so life is more flexible and I find that my commitments are a bit unpredictable. Therefore I could not guarantee that I could make a particular day-time each week. How about to start with we do our weekly reviews independently and then link up to compare notes? I will dig out the Podcast you mention. We could agree a day/time to contact each other (share-screen? Phone? email?) and discuss about what went well, not so well, areas to improve etc. How does that sound to you?
Best wishes, Simon

CARLOS-UK

Registered
Okay Simon let’s
It’s not exactly why I had in mind but
I suppose it does still require accountability.
Maybe it’s enough to ‘trick’ me into actually doing a review each week!

I’ll do mine Fri - usually I squeeze it in so If I say by Sunday eve 6pm ill post / share
what went well & not so well plus any other observations thoughts etc

That is something I can stick to.

Again at some point I would be interested to spend a little time discussing where your at with your journey and expectations....
Here my email is No1wellos@hotmail.com

Feel free to message over there.
Thanks
Carlos

chrisstribbs

Registered
Good Day
Hence my decision to join a forum (primarily) seeing a Weekly Review partner.
My location is Nottingham UK however I suppose due to online capabilities its only the timing that counts.
A Friday or Mon Am between 6- 10 AM would be most ideal for me.

So with all that said.
I wonder if you could point me in the right direction..
Thank you :)
I used to find those helpful too. However, I often do my review late on Friday(different times but 345PM sometimes) to get the work done.

CARLOS-UK

Registered
Hey Good people of the GTD world. I did compete a weekly review last Friday. Now I'm even more keen to find a "study buddy!".
I wonder if this is the best forum to ask the question? Is there anyone- John Forrister ;) -who knows of a better way to connect with others also looking for a study partner? For all I know there may be a study buddy thread that Ive completely missed .
Many Thanks
:)

chrisstribbs

Registered
Hey Good people of the GTD world. I did compete a weekly review last Friday. Now I'm even more keen to find a "study buddy!".
I wonder if this is the best forum to ask the question? Is there anyone- John Forrister ;) -who knows of a better way to connect with others also looking for a study partner? For all I know there may be a study buddy thread that Ive completely missed .
Many Thanks
:)
Hey Carlos,
I would like to connect about this in a similar way to your posts. I would be doing my review much later than you however...

CARLOS-UK

Registered
Hi Chris - All
Well judging by last weeks review. The time was not of much importance.
What was required for me to get it done, was believing someone was due to check if I had actually done it.
So I don't think it matters so long as confirmation is "submitted" by the Sunday evening.

Ideally my study partner would have a willingness to build some familiarity with each others journey and system.

Also I imagine it would be beneficial, taking time to share some insight & observation from the review. - mine from last week is....
- Am I giving an hr to 1.5 hrs per day to process and organise?- Feeling such a unprocessed backlog however Felt good to go through each stage even if not very comprehensively.

So if your willing to give it a go then please get in touch

No1wellos@hotmail.com

chrisstribbs

Registered
Hi Chris - All
Well judging by last weeks review. The time was not of much importance.
What was required for me to get it done, was believing someone was due to check if I had actually done it.
So I don't think it matters so long as confirmation is "submitted" by the Sunday evening.

Ideally my study partner would have a willingness to build some familiarity with each others journey and system.

Also I imagine it would be beneficial, taking time to share some insight & observation from the review. - mine from last week is....
- Am I giving an hr to 1.5 hrs per day to process and organise?- Feeling such a unprocessed backlog however Felt good to go through each stage even if not very comprehensively.

So if your willing to give it a go then please get in touch

No1wellos@hotmail.com
Cool, check your email.