• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Managing List of People

Hey GTD Community.

I'm following GTD for years, and one thing I couldn't nail down yet: managing list of people.

I meet a lot of random people daily, and I would like to have the information I get more organized. For example, yesterday I met some people in a party, many are friends of friends, and for most I have only their name. I would like to remember their relationship to my friends, their names, and some notes I write down about them.

I would like to find a tool that would allow me to list those people, creating a network of people based on locations, interests, and more importantly their connection with other people.

I am aware that this request is vague, so you could share how you guys file the name of the part-time worker of your local coffee shop, that you may see once a month or a year, but still would like to remember their name and some details.

Thanks! :D
 
This is reference material as far as I am concerned. The best way I've found to do this and have access to it anywhere is through Evernote. I sometimes take pictures of the type of people you are talking about and add tags, notes, etc. Or if they give me a business card a put a photo of that in Evernote. Or I might just record a voice note and tag that. In any event, i have what I need and it is searchable from any device I use even years from now.

Evernote
 
Candid, you're a legend!

Evernote Hello looks fantabulistic! Thanks ever so much. I am going to have to get it for sure! This is really how my brain works.
 
Another tool worthwhile checking out for this is Highrise by 37signals. It's like a contact manager with a lot of features.

The Hello app for Evernote does seem interesting. I might have to try it out too.
 
Thanks for the responses. I tried the suggestions here (apart from Highrise, just looking into it now), and didn't really find a good, intuitive one.

The Evernot Hello is not useful. The idea is great, but at least at my iPhone it works poorly in terms of functionality.

Could you recommend on a simple contact-manager that allows to attach tags into the contacts? Maybe for now that's what I need, especially if it has iPhone app integration/sync ability.
 
AE Thanh;98025 said:
Another tool worthwhile checking out for this is Highrise by 37signals. It's like a contact manager with a lot of features.
I double that suggestion. It is very good looking and intuitive web application, and it is designed exactly for managing list of people, keeping notes about them, etc..
 
Top