Manila filders and hanging files

A

Anonymous

Ok, this may be a FAQ, but I wasn't able to find a thread by searching the groups. Can anyone tell me if there are manila folders that are tall enough to have their tabs stick fully out of hanging files? I was at Office Max yesterday, and the guy recommended "Internal folder"...but these were actually shorter than the regular manila folders I had purchased before which stick up about 1/3 of the way.

So, any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Ashley

CSGiles

Registered
All you need are regular file folders. They will fit fine inside a hanging file folder.

The "internal" folders the salesperson recommended are intended for people who actually organize using labeled hanging files, and the interal folders are used within the hanging file to provide a method for internal organization.

In GTD, the recommendation is to use hanging files without labels as a holder for the paper file so that you can use file drawers that are built for hanging folders without having to acutally use the hanging folders for organization.

Scot

M

mochant

Re: Jason's GTD example

ceehjay said:
Jason shared this in the last Barnes & Noble GTD class, so I am assuming it's okay to share it here. The last photo shows his files.

http://jasonwomack.typepad.com/photos/office_productivity/

This is a great example of the GTD process. (Click on the first photo to get the large view, then just move on to the next step from there.)

Carolyn
Carolyn - Thanks for posting this here. What a great photo story of how the process can radically transform your workspace!