Meg's Podcast Creating a Projects List from 19 May 2009

sarahg

Registered
Hi,

I just stumbled on this recent podcast that I'd missed, and wow it was relevant. I think this might have been exactly what I needed to hear this weekend. I even have a long weekend (in Australia) to incorporate it into an extra-long weekly review :)

Basically it's about how to get your project list from 80% to 100%, and hit a nerve for me.

Thanks,
-- Sarah

sarahg

Registered
Ah; that's where I'd been going wrong -- I'd assumed the private podcast would automatically include the public stuff. Subscribed to both streams now :)

vatark

Registered
One, or two podcast feeds?

kelstarrising;67587 said:
I recommend Connect members subscribe to both of these podcast feeds to get everything we post:
http://www.davidco.com/podcast.php
https://secure.davidco.com/connect/podcast-howto.php
Seems to me there's only one feed here.

When I clicked on the first link it took me to my RSS news feed reader. The second link took me to the podcast page with instructions on how to subscribe to the Podcasts. It seems you copy the first link to iTunes, which suggests that there is only one podcast feed?

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Hi Robert,

Sorry for the confusion here. They are actually two different podcast feeds that show up in iTunes as "David Allen Company podcast" and "GTD|Connect Members-Only Podcast."

In chatting with my team on this, we want to make this as easy as possible for Connect members. Since far more content goes into Connect than to our general company podcast, we will post any content that goes to our company podcast feed, also to Connect. So if you subscribe to the Connect podcast, going forward you will get whatever would have also been posted to the general company one too. Hope that makes sense!

Kelly

Barb

Registered
awesome - thanks!

Connect members, being the black belts that we are (ahem), love it when you make things easy for us.

Barb

Registered
Show this to David

You're doing a fabulous job. I can't believe how you've re-energized Connect in such a short period of time!

Maybe you ought to label it "new and improved" so people that came and went would consider taking another look.

vatark

Registered
kelstarrising;67670 said:
Sorry for the confusion here. They are actually two different podcast feeds that show up in iTunes as "David Allen Company podcast" and "GTD|Connect Members-Only Podcast."
Hi Kelly

Thanks for that. I've resolved it. I've spotted the difference between the two links.

I'd more or less given up on the podcasts because of problems with the links - kept getting an error message which I gather, since I'm using a Mac, might have been a keychain error. So I'm back on board. I've got a lot of listening to do now as my copy of the Making It All Work CDs arrived yesterday (great service for goods sent from the USA to the UK).

TesTeq

Registered
Great idea.

kelstarrising;67670 said:
Since far more content goes into Connect than to our general company podcast, we will post any content that goes to our company podcast feed, also to Connect. So if you subscribe to the Connect podcast, going forward you will get whatever would have also been posted to the general company one too.

Great idea! You're awesome, Kelly! Once again you are making things as simple as possible, but not simpler. :)