• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Microsoft - to shutdown Wunderlist 2020-May-06

Thanks for sharing, @aderoy. For those of us that used and loved Wunderlist, we knew its time would come. I've tried Microsoft To-Do, and it is still missing two key features for me: 1) the design and user experience are inconsistent across iOS and desktop apps, and 2) There's still no support for multiple Exchange accounts in iOS. Apple Reminders has had both of these features for quite some time. I'm one of those GTDers that uses Outlook/Windows at work and Apple at home and on mobile. While I could move over to Outlook for my GTD lists, I'm still on paper due to a lack of integrated digital solutions.
 
That is the Microsoft way, Embrace, Expand, Extinguish.
Thought that applied to Google?

One of the reasons why I like my data to be local (be it electronic or paper based), not 'in the cloud'. Personal computers broke away from centralized mainframe culture and now the wheel has turned and users are heading back.
Off soapbox.
 
Thought that applied to Google?

One of the reasons why I like my data to be local (be it electronic or paper based), not 'in the cloud'.
Microsoft has been killing good ideas for longer than Google has existed.

Totally agree on no cloud service I don't control for critical data.
 
Hi... last time I checked (some weeks ago), TO-DO was still missing the link mail / to-do (equivalent to me@wunderlist.com)... has microsoft create a similar link or a different way to send stuff to your inbox in TODO ?
 
I think I would just use my email inbox as my GTD inbox if using To-Do.
I used To-Do for about 5 months last year and did miss an inbox, but thinking about it later I came up with that solution. It's one less inbox to clear if you use your email inbox.
I am considering returning to To-Do since they actually have resumed development on it after I left.
 
The problem with using the email inbox as GTD inbox is the difficulties in using it for non-email stuff... there are alternatives but...
 
Probably for capturing they are ok but still you have to link in some way to projects & Next actions.... can it be done? yes but make sure you include them in the habit of the weekly review....
 
I learned that I should keep capturing just that, don't add any clarify or organise to it like linking to projects or outcomes or contexts; just capture in the moment. When adding more thinking to this front end you may add resistance because the thought might not be ready to be captured.
I clear my inbox daily, at that time I clarify and organise everything, even the captured notes I sent myself.
 
Top