Mini thread- about the topic of Asana App add ons - not understanding the quote "if in doubt keep it , if in doubt throw it out"

On my copy of the Asana guide page 22
1721208610045.png

Heading “Asana apps” (where the digital version of guide) - gives type typerlink to , which is [Asana Apps and Integrations • Asana] (where has type of “add ons” for Google/chrome and outlook.

What’s purpose of the thread?

Share information's about myself (- that with my first/prior attempt of using asana (before I made a style context as tags work place.

I wasn’t able implement certain features because of specific reason.

And what ended up happening with example - my old “GTD lists asana work place) I still have it- with my google calendar (which is bad, has negatives).

I have words - it would help to not delete example of “google calendar” - but either (use an alternative calendar application or add on (for my new context of tags work place.

I have words - that it could help me (if I trialled/tested as many type of Add-ons there are with Asana /laptop.

It links entirely to properly writing about in other thread (about that I got a new type of Android phone (where struggling transfer sync my personal data with it.

maybe persons @cfoley or @DKPhoto could help here with this mini thread

Also - question came to mind I read quote by Allen "if in doubt keep it , if in doubt throw it out" - I didn't ,felt like when I read that didn't understand the quote basically
Its making some reference to OCD how to deal with it?

"STN

Also - question came to mind I read quote by Allen "if in doubt keep it , if in doubt throw it out" - I didn't ,felt like when I read that didn't understand the quote basically
Its making some reference to OCD how to deal with it?

These are two possible strategies to managing reference material. The GTD book says that either strategy is acceptable.

I have words - that it could help me (if I trialled/tested as many type of Add-ons there are with Asana /laptop.

If your goal is to develop a GTD system, then I think this would be a distraction from that goal.

And what ended up happening with example - my old “GTD lists asana work place) I still have it- with my google calendar (which is bad, has negatives).

I have words - it would help to not delete example of “google calendar” - but either (use an alternative calendar application or add on (for my new context of tags work place.

Nobody's system is perfect. I would work on continually improving what you have rather than continually starting afresh.

For example, if a calendar entry isn't clear, then edit it to make it clear. If a calendar entry doesn't belong on the calendar, then enter it into the correct place and then delete the calendar entry.

These are two possible strategies to managing reference material. The GTD book says that either strategy is acceptable.

I just went through again - where the quote is written (towards end page) where talking about deleting tasks on asana - I feel like I didn't fully understand the writing, its worth I show a picture "
for example - writes "if you have an idea or gut feeling - that you will ever want to use the data input in the future (then you should keep it

but at same time writes " the quote "if in doubt throw it out" - like if you don't know (to what degree you want to keep it) then you should delete it - do you understand? "
If your goal is to develop a GTD system, then I think this would be a distraction from that goal.
"I maybe wrote that (to express another problem I have as a input on my asana - that I have multiple e-mail accounts (e.g. 2 old outlook e-mail accounts which have lots of mail/messages - is it worth I try to deal with them right now? e.g. try to sort through mail and carry on using these accounts? " FE
Nobody's system is perfect. I would work on continually improving what you have rather than continually starting afresh.
Oh right - your actually recommend I use my google calendar for main Gmail mail account I use (which as basically no, very little in puts (since I haven't been using it (syncing it to by new context as tags asana work place - its worth I un sync if from my previous GTD list work place (and - change to context as tags)
For example, if a calendar entry isn't clear, then edit it to make it clear. If a calendar entry doesn't belong on the calendar, then enter it into the correct place and then delete the calendar entry.
Okay "

Cfoley - please - see the bitchute upload I made for you

" 2 Actionable tasks (no 3 )

"worth that I show a picture

Quote Is the exact paragraph words used in Asana guide (under sub title marking items complete)

"

many GTD users ask if they should keep or delete completed items from their lists. If you think you'll ever want to retrieve the item, we recommend keeping it. This can be useful for year-end reviews, when you want to see and acknowledge all the projects you complete. You may find this unnecessary though for all of the next actions. Trust that you know best about what would be useful for you to keep. As David Allen says " when in doubt , keep it. When in doubt, throw it out
bottom line is that either works if you are making a choice"
"
many GTD users ask if they should keep or delete completed items from their lists. If you think you'll ever want to retrieve the item, we recommend keeping it. This can be useful for year-end reviews, when you want to see and acknowledge all the projects you complete. You may find this unnecessary though for all of the next actions. Trust that you know best about what would be useful for you to keep. As David Allen says " when in doubt , keep it. When in doubt, throw it out
bottom line is that either works if you are making a choice"

I find the above paragraph - is actually contradictory "

I when myself tim read that : I read over it quick - see words

"if you ever think you will want to retrieve " - makes think (for everything like all personal data
for example even photos)

I should be on the side of safety and try to keep or save everything, or as much as possible?

I had a thought - it would be worth myself (actually make an entire thread about the quote " when in doubt , keep it. When in doubt, throw it out" - I don't actually know where it is in the book copy of the book?

"worth I un sync if from my previous GTD list work place (and - change to context as tags)"

on gmail - I see there is option to hide previous synced calendar

1721214929966.png

I just did that - and see that I "un ticked" or hide my previous Asana calendars (and added the two new asana calendars" - thought came to mind would it be worth leave them as they are un ticked, or delete them for example ? "

STN

I wonder how you

or @DKPhoto choose how frequently to check this fourm, amount time to spend on/with it

Because I felt like if you had responded further to my posts by now I could have been further helped

:(

I check this forum as time and inclination allows. If I don't reply to a particular post then I either don't have the time to reply or I don't have anything helpful to say.

I check this forum as time and inclination allows. If I don't reply to a particular post then I either don't have the time to reply or I don't have anything helpful to say.
Okay so maybe you read through my stuff and didn't think could add anything helpful?
or you still haven't had the time ?