Mobile GTD'ers - What mobile device is your list manager on?

GTDerEvan

Registered
This is a poll of sorts, but I'm sure there are so many, I'm not going to make a poll. What do you use? Palm Pre? iPhone? Blackberry Curve? iPod Touch? Motorola Razr? Nokia N71?

Thanks!

Alright, going to edit the first post occasionally to tally the results (up to post 31):

10 x Palm:
4 x Treo
2 x Centro
2 x TX
1 x Pre
1 x Z22

10 x Apple:
10 x iPhone (Nozbe ; rQall ; Omnifocus x 3, Things x 4)

4 x Blackberry:
2 x 8300 Curve
1 x 8820
1 x Storm

2 x HTC:
1 x S730
1 x S640

1 x iPaq:
1 x 4150

tpassist

Registered
Palm Treo (Windows Mobile 6), synced with Outlook which is actually just a conduit, as my lists are actually maintained in a mind map, the Palm is for next actions that I do away from my workstation.

nick_ross

Registered
Going old skool (well, sort of)

I have recently dug out my old iPaq 4150 and am using MyLifeOrganized on it as a list manager.

The good thing about the 4150 is it's light, small, and easy to use - all I need to do now is find the stylus (cue Next Action).

MLO on windows mobile is a great solution - and synchronising with the desktop is invaluable.

All I need now is MLO for the iPhone....

BluesJack

Registered
BlackBerry 8820 on AT&T

I currently use a BlackBerry 8820. I am in the process of integrating REXwireless software (To-DoMatrix) with my newfound GTD processes. I read in one of the web pages here that REXwireless has a free paper on using GTD with their software. Needless to say, thats my next stop after my visit to this site. I appreciate all your replies and means found for mobile devices and GTD.

Kindly yours,
BluesJack

linuxgeek99

Registered
My life in the palm of my hand...

My system is Palm TX with ShadowPlan for Palm OS (outliner)

ShadowPlan holds my project lists, next actions, Someday Maybes, Single Tasks, Recurring tasks and my agendas.

Datebook 6 for my Calendar (hard landscape).

Shadowplan syncs to the desktop.
Datebook syncs to OutLook and Pimlical (Datebook Desktop Calendar)

The whole system is called JoesWorld :)

Linuxgeek99

Joe Welsh

dbirnbaum

Registered
I'm using a BlackBerry Storm with the Rex todomatrix and desk top programs. ToDo matrix is great and navigating it with the touch screen is pretty fast. The touch screen keyboard takes some getting used to but my speed and accuracy have improved with using it.

Dan

Stiernholm

Registered
Htc

I use a HTC s730 phone, and sync it with Outlook. It works fairly well, though the to-do-list function could be improved since I cannot sort the tasks within a context other than in alphabetical order. To be constantly in sync with my Outlook is great though.

David

baudecea

Registered
iPhone.

iPhone. I use rQall, a fantastic free app to capture ideas. I create to-do lists by speaking into the phone. Like magic, they appear in my emai inbox.

I think you can download the app for the Blackberry, but can't comment on how it works.

JohnsKim

Registered
I use a Mac and iPhone with the very robust (and expensive)
OmniFocus software and app. I end up doing more reviews than once a week
because it's so cool and convenient!

Tech

Registered
Palm Z22...

Palm Z22 syncing with Outlook 2003 (with tweaks according to DA) at office and Palm Desktop at home. Simple, basic and never fails - a trusted device... :D

Tech

AndyD

Registered
I using a HTC TyTn II (re-badged as Vodafone V1615) running Windows Mobile 6.1.

Using the inbuilt Tasks and Calendar apps, synced to Outlook 2003 on my desktop PC.

Not found any need yet to run 3rd party PIM apps, want to keep it as quick and as simple as possible.

Got the usual @contexts setup in tasks and can quickly view them with a single key press.

Also use an 8gb MicroSD in it, that with a mini USB card reader easily fits into any PC for syncing/transferring captured notes and files etc.

Created lots of shortcuts for quick capture and viewing action lists.

Key apps for me are:

Claunch 12.04 - create custom shortcut on the Today Screen. I've several groups of shortcuts such as capture, action lists/review, email/internet.

TodayAgenda - show upcoming calendar and tasks on the Today Screen. This free software alone has meant I've not had to purchase any third party PIM software - highly recommended.

AE Button Plus - brilliant for remapping keys for shortcuts etc. Map the same key with short press, long press, double press even triple press! This way a single key can open task list, open Word document "Inbox.doc" for quick capture, create a new next action or a new text message etc.

Word Mobile (built in) I've a word document called Inbox.doc that is great for quick capture; it's mapped to a single key and is stored on the memory card. Opens in a second, capture the idea/task, close and it's captured. On the desktop a similar shortcut opens it from the memory card too for processing etc.

Excel Mobile (built in) - spreadsheet setup to track spending and bills etc to tally later with accounts via online banking.

Think that's about it!

Cheers,

Andy D.