• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Nearly PERFECT GTD but....HELP!

  • Thread starter Thread starter whino
  • Start date Start date
W

whino

Guest
My goal is to have seamless wireless GTD access.

DESKTOP: using the Official GTD outlook Plugin on Outlook 2007.

Connect to a personal Exchange server for $7/month at 1and1.com This cost is VERY MUCH worth it IF you can sync over the air to a wireless device.

MOBILE: I use my Motorola Q to instantaneously "push" over the air tasks, calendar items, contacts and email and use the Papyrus outlook-addin to view by context on my smartphone.

The ONLY PROBLEM is syncing PROJECTS created in the Official GTD plug-in on my desktop with my smartphone.

Based on research, there is only 1 windows Mobile Smartphone program that displays projects: Smartertasks. The major problem with Smartertasks, however is that it defines a project as a category in [ ] square brackets. The root of the problem is that the GTD plug-in uses a CUSTOM FIELD for projects and custom fields are not supported by active sync, preventing any sort of projects syncing between the Official outlook GTD plug-in and Smartertasks.
Others have requested this same feature as noted in this forum

http://www.smartertasks.com/forum/index.php?topic=15.0
http://gtdsupport.netcentrics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2488&sid=519c0583a976ab156dea5097a92b81d8

Also, I do not want to switch away from the GTD outlook plugin since I already own it and like the interface. I tried Jello and do not like it. I would prefer to continue using Papyrus if it had a projects feature.

Does anyone have any ideas around this issue? I know that once this is figured out my system will be perfect and seamless no matter what device I am using!

Thanks!
 
Top