need GTD app for iphone with geo location based reminder

dagich

Registered
is there any GTD apps for iphone, that could remind to do task on the base of geo position (previously marked)

for example, in the app i've made task and determine the location of shop where i'm going to buy battaries. When I enter the shop, the app remind me to complete this task

BR

Folke

Registered
I think RTM does this, too.

Personally, I do not quite understand the point of location alarms. I like to look at my lists and context etc and if I am going out for an appointment or to do errands etc, I normally check my lists first, and "star" whatever I aim to do or might perhaps be able to do while I am out.

I certainly do not want my phone to start beeping every time I happen to pass by a certain shop etc. How do people actually use location alarms without going nuts?

dagich

Registered
Folke;112875 said:
I think RTM does this, too.

I couldnot find this feature in RTM

Folke;112875 said:
Personally, I do not quite understand the point of location alarms. I like to look at my lists and context etc and if I am going out for an appointment or to do errands etc, I normally check my lists first, and "star" whatever I aim to do or might perhaps be able to do while I am out.

I certainly do not want my phone to start beeping every time I happen to pass by a certain shop etc. How do people actually use location alarms without going nuts?

imagine I want to buy the game for my son, and it is in a store that on my way (depending on traffic)
it is convenient for me, I get a reminder, passing by, m?)

Mark Jantzen

Registered
Errands Example

I've used it in OmniFocus on iPhone and iPad (not yet available on desktop).

I created an "Errands" context and within that context I create contexts, like an outline, for each place. Within the specific context you can define the type of geolocation - search, specific place, always available, etc. They then show up when you choose "Nearby" from the home screen.

It's not perfect but it mostly works. Search is the weakest aspect right now.

Examples:
- Grocery store - I specify my local Roche Brothers as a specific place.
- Pure Hockey - local shop where I buy gear and get skates sharpened. They have multiple locations so I enter "purehockey" as a search term