• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Need Help With Outlook Tasks and Syncing to My Smartphone

I'm using the tasks feature in Outlook, with a reminder date and time set to most tasks. I'm noticing a problem with updated reminder times not being synced correctly and was hoping someone here might have a solution.

Here is my set-up:
Desktop PC running Vista with Office 2007
Laptop PC running Window XP with Office 2003
Motorola Q 9c running Windows Mobile

I sync the Q back and forth between the two PCs. Whenever I do, Outlook's alert window always pops up the older reminder times. I have to then reset whatever alerts got flashed.

Is there a way to make sure older reminders are overwritten with the latest updates? Or does Windows assume the PC has the most recent alerts?

Thanks in advance.
 
There are settings in ActiveSync to control which device is considered the master. I would guess that your problem is probably related to syncing to two computers with one Windows Mobile device. - Steve
 
Top