• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Need Help with Outlook

  • Thread starter Thread starter ScottHodges
  • Start date Start date
S

ScottHodges

Guest
I sure hope someone here can help me! I'm using Outlook 2003 with the GTD add-in. Everything was working just fine, until I ran Windows update earlier tonight. Now, when ever I try to open a new task inthe tasks folder, I get the following error message: "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook."

I've restarted Outlook twice, rebooted the computer, nothing helps. Strangely, I can open new tasks through the contact screen. Also, I cannot add new projects (I'm using Mattias' custom form). Same error message appears.

Anybody have any ideas? I'm pretty happy with the Outlook process so far (former long-time ACT! user) but I have to have a tool that works every time, and doesn't give me a whole lot of headaches.

Thanks in advance for any help.
 
First thing I'd recommend you do is a System Restore. Click on Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore. Choose a restore point dated just before you installed the MS update. Let us know how it works.

Hope this helps,
 
MsftMan-

Yep. That did the trick. Microsoft's products can be useful at times, but there's always that nasty Frankenware personality, lurking in the background. Thanks for the help.
 
Scott,

I'm a long time Act user as well. Wonder how you liked moving everyting over to Outlook 2003. I'm in sales and allot of the features of Act I need. However, Act 2005 is so bad, I need to make a move. Outlook is so nice to work with, just need to make a leap of faith.
 
Top