Netcentrics' GTD addin for Outlook 2016

pwaara

Registered
I just upgraded my Outlook from 2010 to 2016 and found my Getting Things Done Addin from NetCentrics was not working. Researching it, I found out that they went out of business. I am seriously bummed. I have been using their plugin for over a decade, and it has become an integral part of my workflow. Does anyone know if I can get the latest version of GTD 3.3.22 working in Outlook 2016 64-bit on Windows 10 64-bit? It was working on Windows 10 64-bit Outlook 2010 32-bit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

~Pat

pwaara

Registered
I thought I had loaded the 64-bit version of Office 2016, but upon closer inspection, I see I have the 32-bit version loaded. I thought NetCentrics had their add-in working up to Office 2016. Am I remembering incorrectly? Any other suggestions as to how to get it to run? The error I get when trying to activate it in the Add-ins menu is "Not loaded. A runtime error occurred during the loading of the COM Add-in."

pwaara

Registered
I am happy to report that after completely uninstalling and re-installing the add-in, GTD seems to be working again. Let's hope it works reliably and stably.

dstarmer

Registered
How did you get past the license key issue? It appears that the licensing server is offline when I attempt to register my new installation.

Macwreck

Registered
I haven't been able to get a license following the archived post you referenced. Does anyone have any experience resolving the problem with the Susinfi Jan date showing as the steps after that aren't working for me.

BetGeek

Registered
Yes. You need to be pretty meticulous doing it, and remember to delete the Settings folder in your PST afterwards.
Short of that: yes, my GTD is running on Outlook (2010).

Here are some notes I took in areas where the HowTo wasn't fully clear:
UNINSTALL:
-------------
Make sure to delete the SETTINGS folder in OUTLOOK
Delete GTD.ini
All folders listed in the PDF
Search "Netcentrics" > Delete in Registry
Delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Licenses

INSTALL:
--------
Right click>Properties for GTD.ini to find the file date and time, including seconds
==> The date AND TIME need to be MANUALLY entered in the MANUALACTIVATION file
==> Wow6432Node\Licenses will be 00 00.. until overwritten
==> confirm overwrite

Last edited: