Netcentrics' GTD addin for Outlook 2016

Andre Sarafilovic

Registered
I currently use Office 365 Outlook 2016 and the Netcentrics' GTD addin, but today Office365 automatically updated my Outlook to the latest version and now the GTD addin is no longer working properly, and gives the error as per the uploaded image.

Anyone else had this problem or knows of a fix?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ManyCapture.PNG thanks

Andre

Michael Scott

Registered
Andre,

I had exactly the same thing happen to me.

I narrowed the problem down to any part of the add-in that used the list object, i.e. Project Central and Manage Actions. The rest of the add-in continued to work fine.

I did the following:

1. Uninstalled the Outlook GTD add-in.
2. Uninstalled Office 2016 (Click and Run version from Office 365).
3. Rebooted laptop.
4. Installed Office 2016 (Click and Run).
5. Installed Outlook GTD add-in.
6. Checked the licence was activated using SysInfo (can be found here).

Everything has worked fine since. Hope this helps.

Michael

eeeeun

Registered
Hi Michael/Andre

Thanks for this. I'm using office 365 and had to go to (8229.2086)

Hopefully it's just a bug in the update that might be rectified.

Any thoughts on what you might do in the long run if this can't be overcome in the future?

I really like the ability to add tasks/emails to projects. I haven't had much luck looking for alternatives.

Regards
Ian

Andre Sarafilovic

Registered
Hi Ian

I have not as yet, found anything as good as the Netcentrics product. ClearContext (http://www.clearcontext.com/) was close, but not as easy to use and not a true GTD product, in my opinion.

Surprised they stopped this product, but can only assume user-base was not big enough - But I wonder if an annual licence model would have given them enough revenue to continue support!!

I wonder if they would pass us the code royalty free, so as we could setup a user group to try and keep this product current via OpenSource ?

Regards

Andre

eeeeun

Registered
I remember there being some requests by users at the time of their announcement about releasing the source code and I don't think they were open to the idea.

It's a shame, I think it would be awesome to get a user group up and running around a product like that. I have a bit of .Net and programming experience. I'm not an expert but would certainly be willing to help where I can.

eeeeun

Registered
Hi All

FYI, I did an install of the GTDOA addin on a new machine, updated office to the latest version and it worked. I haven't tried on my primary pc yet because I don't want to mess with it at this stage but thought perhaps a subsequent update has fixed the issue.

One thing I'm having trouble with is the add in on my primary machine is showing as an upgrade and therefore won't activate using the given activation process. The activation process restarts the demo so I'm ok but would like to sort it out.

upload_2017-9-27_9-29-29.png

Anyone had any luck with this or have the complete removal instructions from netcentrics? I can't seem to track down a copy.

Regards
Ian