New David Allen article on managing meeting notes

Kevin_AB

Registered
Electronic Notes

The article covers paper based notes but doesn't really address electronic notes. I guess the principles are similar (record notes, record action Items, person responsible, transfer next actions to List manager, discard or file notes for reference)

I have started taking meeting notes by doing a mind map of the issues covered in the meeting. Action Items Get "A:" in front of them and then at the end of the meeting these get transferred in to OmniFocus while the Mind-Map is sent to Evernote for future reference.

The key seems to be transferring next actions from meeting notes to a list manager no matter what tools you use.

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Kevin_AB;107532 said:
The article covers paper based notes but doesn't really address electronic notes. I guess the principles are similar (record notes, record action Items, person responsible, transfer next actions to List manager, discard or file notes for reference)

I thought the same thing when I read it Kevin. It's a fairly old article that we found in archives. But the principles still apply to electronic.