New email features in Spark for Mac — will you use these?

Josh Mitchell

Registered
Hi GTDers!

I've been using the email app Spark on iOS and MacOS for a while, and they just added 2 new features you may be interested in. By the way, the app -- and these features -- are totally free.

Follow up reminders & send later
I used to use Boomerang for Gmail that would allow me to (a) schedule a specific "send day and time" and (b) "Boomerang" the message back into the Inbox if they didn't reply within a specified window.

Spark now has these features built in. Do you think you'll use these?

The problem with Boomerang is/was that it is limited to 10 free messages per month -- and the paid account only applies to one email address. This makes it a little complicated if you check multiple gmail inboxes. It is also cumbersome to check to see what you've deferred and scheduled, especially on mobile.

Spark now has these features built in one app for multiple inboxes.

I think I am going to start using the reminder feature for messages I send on the fly.

Oh yeah, the "Snooze" feature...
I also use the SNOOZE feature a lot, which they've had for a while. It allows you to defer a thread to re-enter your inbox later in the day -- or a day in the future. I have come to trust this feature because it is RELIABLE - and has worked so well for over a year.

There's also a SNOOZED tab on the sidebar and a REMINDERS tab on the sidebar that you can review if you need to focus on what you've deferred.

---

Just search for Spark in the Mac App Store or iOS App Store and you'll find the blue mail icon.

Follow up reminders: https://helpspot.readdle.com/spark_mac/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=1223

Send later: https://helpspot.readdle.com/spark_mac/index.php?pg=kb.page&id=1222

Readdle also has some great PAID apps such as PDF Expert, Scanner Pro, Calendars 5, and etc. They are all excellent, in my opinion.

mcogilvie

Registered
I’ve played around with such features, and for me they are more procrastinating tools than gtd tools. Unfortunately I was able to use them very well, successfully putting off quite a lot. But that may just be me.

I echo your comments about Readdle as a developer. They Turn out some very fine work.

PeterW

Registered
Spark has an OmniFocus connector which works really nicely.

One downside I've found is the editor doesn't handle a table pasted in from Excel (something I do a lot in my job).