New GTD & Outlook 2013/2016 Setup Guides

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
A big project I've working on over the past few months is a huge rewrite of our GTD & Outlook 2013/2016 Setup Guide. I'm happy to say we just released it today and you'll find it in the Document Library if you're a GTD Connect member.

What's New:
Pretty much every page had some edit (big or small), but we have completely changed how we're recommending setting up Tasks, to support syncing to Microsoft To-Do and Outlook 365/Outlook online.

I'll be leading a webinar on the new Guide on September 6th for Connect members. And I just recorded a video of the new Tasks method that will be in the Connect video library soon.

Reactions: Jim

sholden

Registered
I moved my single Task list with Categories to the new recommended Folder implementation. I ended up though just having one "Next Actions" folder, and then organizing those by context using Categories. I'll let this bake in for a week or so and see how things go. I definitely like have folders for Projects, Waiting For, Someday/Maybe, Agendas, and Next Actions. You can also turn on via Folder properties the option to Show Number Of Items in the Folder. That way you'll get a number after Projects (#), etc. that represents all the items in that folder. Nice to know the number of Projects, Next Actions, etc.