New GTD Workflow Diagram

Robertson

Registered
I haven't seen the diagram so can't comment on it's usefulness compared to the current one but the bottom line Kelly is it is a diagram !!!
I've been a member of GTD Connect for a number of years and quite frankly I'm insulted that we should be charged a fee for an updated workflow "diagram".
In a recession when most companies are trying desperately to hang onto their customers and really value loyalty from them, I think that GTD
Connect members should be given the diagram for FREE !!

Cheers

Rob

Barb

Registered
But....

Robertson;69375 said:
I haven't seen the diagram so can't comment on it's usefulness compared to the current one but the bottom line Kelly is it is a diagram !!!
I've been a member of GTD Connect for a number of years and quite frankly I'm insulted that we should be charged a fee for an updated workflow "diagram".
In a recession when most companies are trying desperately to hang onto their customers and really value loyalty from them, I think that GTD
Connect members should be given the diagram for FREE !!

Cheers

Rob

You might want to look at it before you say that, really. I saw it somewhere...internet, who knows. It looks like it probably has some pretty high production costs built in...artwork, finish, etc.

I think you get two of them as well. If you consider our Connect discount and maybe work out a way to split the order with someone, you could possibly have your cake and eat it too.

Anyway, we all value things differently...but it doesn't look like something a company the size of Davidco could really afford to give away free. Small companyland is under lots of economic pressure these days too.

One more thing and then I'll shut up: I'm really glad that so much more value has been put into the Connect membership. If you guys think back just a few short months and look at all that has changed, I think you'll see what I mean.

TimDavidson

Registered
New Diagram

I have seen the diagram. I will gladly pay for this product as it is well worth the price. As a bit of a preview...This diagram brings the ENTIRE GTD method together on one page in a logical and very well laid out manner.

Well Done!

Tara

Registered
Perceived value, freemiums, and threshold resistance

Hi Everyone,

thanks for the interesting discussion here and elsewhere.

One thing that's worth noting is the difference between perceived value and cost. When there is pushback on pricing, as there is here (and was on the much maligned desk set), the consumer is saying that the perceived value is low relative to price. It does not matter to the consumer how much the cost of production was or how long it took to produce the item, the care that went into it and so on, it is only the consumer's perception of value that matters in the purchasing decision.

Another aspect of this issue is the "freemium" model that all businesses are up against these days. The diagram itself has circulated widely on the internet. We all can get the diagram for free if we like. And that free-ness has influenced the perception of value--in effect, the offering became devalued because of its wide, cost-free availability.

Finally, there is a matter of audience and threshold resistance. Alfred Taubman (retailing mogul) talks about what he calls threshold resistance: the physical and psychological barriers that stand between the buyer and the purchase. When the desk set came out, I began to wonder who the audience was meant to be. Most of us are not CEO's pulling in six-figure salaries. We're regular Joe's and Jane's. Some of us consider being a member of Connect as a luxury. An item that is high priced, far beyond what its utility and availability would suggest, doesn't land well. In other words, the threshold resistance is set at what appears to be a high level relative to the audience.

The unknown is the abundance of the audience for whom the threshold resistance is low. If there are many consumers who appreciate the value, and for whom the cost is trivial, all is well. Time will tell.

Best wishes,
Tara

Liz_Harward

Registered
Feedback is good!

Hi,

I wanted to let folks know how much I appreciate the feedback and open dialog. I am working on having this new product available to Connect folks before anyone else. I'll let Kelly know when she can give out the link. We are almost there! There are a few more tweaks to the audio so I am looking at August before the audio and product is ready to go barring any other delays. We actually were able to hire back one of our folks to work part time on the audio piece which is a coaching section from David. I look forward to the launch and future feedback, there will be other iterations of this in the future at various price points. All the photos of it don't have the full story of what this product is so I would also be concerned if it was just the map! This first one is priced to include two posters- one small and one large and the audio piece walking folks through the diagram. Thanks again for your patience as we figure this piece out!

TesTeq

Registered
Free low-resolution downloadable copy, please!

I think there should be a free low-resolution downloadable copy of the new GTD workflow diagram. I am sure that someone will upload the scan of the poster as soon as it will be available so DavidCo should give it away.

There's nothing to lose!

Barb

Registered
I hope...

Liz_Harward;69409 said:
Hi,

I wanted to let folks know how much I appreciate the feedback and open dialog. I am working on having this new product available to Connect folks before anyone else. I'll let Kelly know when she can give out the link. We are almost there! There are a few more tweaks to the audio so I am looking at August before the audio and product is ready to go barring any other delays. We actually were able to hire back one of our folks to work part time on the audio piece which is a coaching section from David. I look forward to the launch and future feedback, there will be other iterations of this in the future at various price points. All the photos of it don't have the full story of what this product is so I would also be concerned if it was just the map! This first one is priced to include two posters- one small and one large and the audio piece walking folks through the diagram. Thanks again for your patience as we figure this piece out!

I hope it's as good as the Weekly Review set. I really loved that one. I think I have most all of your audio programs now and enjoy every one!

Oogiem

Registered
TesTeq;69411 said:
I think there should be a free low-resolution downloadable copy of the new GTD workflow diagram.

I'd second this. I have no space for a big poster and as mentioned the price is way beyond what I can budget for what appears to be just a couple of posters with perhaps some useful audio content. Since I rarely use or get value from much of the audio content anyway (I do not learn well from listening to stuff) only a paper copy will help me and I need one small enough to use and review on my desktop and then put away until I need it again.

jason.verly

Registered
Can't find it in the store?

Did the large GTD flow diagram get pulled from the store? I can't find it in the product lists.