• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

New Project or Existing Project

When should you create a new project versus put NA under an old project.
For example, I'm working on delivering a new sofware module: that's a project. An emergency issue comes up, related to that project. It's kind of a subcomponent.
I'm sure David doesn't have RULE for the above - all he would care about is that it gets collected, etc., so what's best practice. Which one produces the best feel - based on experience.
 
I frequently create a new project in the circumstance you describe. If clearing up this problem is the "next action" for the old project, I put "waiting for XYZ bug to be fixed" in @Waiting For as the Next Action of the old project, and then I get along with the new project.
 
Top