New Projects - How do you get them into your project list?

P

pd_workman

Re: AGENDUS

DM said:
The only problem with Agendus is that what you see in Agendus on your palm doesnt match whats on your desktop palm or Outlook. You have to fill in the gaps - that defies my logic for using GTD.

Hmm. My tasks and events have the project name in square brackets behind them. My project (contacts) are in a contacts folder, with the appropriate note. What is it that doesn't match? I don't use the icons, todo alarms, or todo repeats in Agendus, but that is the only thing I can think of that wouldn't match.

Pam

A

andmor

Re: AGENDUS

DM said:
The only problem with Agendus is that what you see in Agendus on your palm doesnt match whats on your desktop palm or Outlook. You have to fill in the gaps - that defies my logic for using GTD.

What gaps do you need to fill in, and in which program? Your post reads as if you want to work in Desktop and then synch to Palm, in which case there should be no information missing in Agendus, but you may want to add some to take advantage of Agendus's additional features. I would think that most users work with Agendus in their Palm, since that is what it was designed for, and then synch to Desktop, in which case in Palm Desktop you may actually get more information that the program is geared up for (e.g. icon references).

Andrew

A

Anonymous

Agendus

I dont know anything about the Agendus desktop and not interested in spending even more time and money - its not included with the Agendus Palm program is it? I'm not crazy about the idea of switching to another desktop program either. Then I have Outlook for email (req'd by employer) Palm for synching and Agendus for operating my PIM. Too many programs to track.

If I am in the Palm Desktop and want to add a todo to a contact (project) how do I do it? Palm desktop will not give me the same display as what I see on the handheld with Agendus (should have clarified that more).

I like the view of Agendus and being able to see all related tasks to a given project, but... (see above)

Thanks for the responses though.

A

Anonymous

Agendus and palm desktop

Actually, you can use palm desktop to add contacts and icons etc. to your tasks and meetings.

someone wrote a utility called AN action and AN action pro

see http://perso.wanadoo.fr/spyro/ANAction.html

it's a plug in for Palm dtop (as long as you have version 4.1 you can use plug-ins ) it pops up a separate menu to allow you to assign contact names and icons etc to palm d-top items --and it syncs the info with agendus.

It's free---

hope that helps.

Paul

ps. the actual agendus desktop from Iambic is better and you don't use it in additon to palm dtop--it replaces palm dtop. There's also a pro version to sync with Outlook and exchange server.

A

Anonymous

Paul

Thanks Paul

So Palm DT doesnt even need to be installed for Agendus DT to work?

No problems yet in your use of agendus DT?

DM

A

Anonymous

agendus desktop

Palm desktop needs to stay installed for agendus dtop to function (or outlook if you use that)

Agendus DTop uses a "data source" either palm dtop or outlook or a mix of both. You enter the info in agendus and it transfers to the palm via the palm desktop but you don't actually have to open the palm desktop .

basically--Agendus dtop is using the conduits from palm dtop (or pocket mirror if syncing with outlook) to sync with the palm

P

pd_workman

Re: Agendus

DM said:
I dont know anything about the Agendus desktop and not interested in spending even more time and money - its not included with the Agendus Palm program is it? I'm not crazy about the idea of switching to another desktop program either. Then I have Outlook for email (req'd by employer) Palm for synching and Agendus for operating my PIM. Too many programs to track.

If I am in the Palm Desktop and want to add a todo to a contact (project) how do I do it? Palm desktop will not give me the same display as what I see on the handheld with Agendus (should have clarified that more).

I like the view of Agendus and being able to see all related tasks to a given project, but... (see above)

Thanks for the responses though.

I use Outlook for everything. If I drag a project from my projects folder to my tasks folder, it creates a new task with the project name in the subject line. I put the project name in square brackets and at the beginning of the field type the task I want to do. Done.

If you are working from the Palm Desktop (or any desktop program) and don't want to use any add-ons to make Agendus work, just type the name of the project in square brackets behind the description of the task. It will automatically be linked on your Palm. My project names are generally two-three words long.

To see the history in a program that does not support Agendus, use the "find", "search" or "filter" command and enter the name or part of the name of your project. Since each task contains the project name, it will find each associated task.

Pam

A

Anonymous

Agendus

Well, I've been trying to make Agendus work this past week.

Right now, I'm waiting for something in the mail that will give me full use, but the registration process is much more complex than most. I installed the AN action as an add-in for Palm Desktop and it works really good. However, when I try to go from the Contact View in Agendus to a particular day it takes about 13 seconds for the screen to populate (handheld). Nothing else has that kind of delay in my Palm apps. I dont understand it.

The main thing I like about the program is the contact history. For me, thats all I really needed. With AN Action I can see whats on the Palm from the desktop too. I wasnt able to make the brackets added thing work (Pam) - the items would not be linked in the Palm.

Anyway, unless Iambic makes it any more difficult for me to get hooked up, I'll probably stick with this - which makes me a backslider from Plain Vanilla Palm status.

Is there a 12 step program?

DM