New Slice of GTD Life with Ruth Ashbee

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
In our latest Slice of GTD Life, you'll hear from Ruth Ashbee—the very definition of a globetrotter. From a start in microbiology, she has moved on to consulting with the NHS, pharmaceutical companies, private healthcare providers and the education sector. We caught up with her between trips, to talk about her GTD progression, how tech stands up on the road, and more. You can find out more about her at Ashbee Healthcare Consultancy. Over the years she has tried Chaos Control, OmniFocus, Remember the Milk, OneNote, and others. While she loves apps and technology, she has found that a paper system is more reliable where internet connectivity is questionable. Her inspiring quote: "Before GTD, I was working harder and harder to stand still."

https://gtdconnect.com/multimedia/audio.php?titleid=800&trackid=1426

Oogiem

Registered
Just got a chance to listen to this and I really enjoyed it. One thing though, Ruth said that there is no way in Omnifocus to sync locally now and that isn't correct. I sync my omnifocus system from my main desktop computer to an iPhone, iPad and MacBook using WebDAV on my own main iMac computer. It was a bit fiddly to set up but works well 99% of the time and the 1% when it doesn't is now easy to fix. This keeps all my data off the general internet.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Just got a chance to listen to this and I really enjoyed it. One thing though, Ruth said that there is no way in Omnifocus to sync locally now and that isn't correct. I sync my omnifocus system from my main desktop computer to an iPhone, iPad and MacBook using WebDAV on my own main iMac computer. It was a bit fiddly to set up but works well 99% of the time and the 1% when it doesn't is now easy to fix. This keeps all my data off the general internet.
Well done! Thanks for sharing about this.