New Slice of GTD Life

larea

Registered
I can't wait to get this downloaded. These have been some of my most favorite podcasts!

cmcantwell

Registered
It was a blast

Barb;88174 said:
Great job, Carol! You didn't even sound nervous ;)

Well, I did have big shoes to fill following the likes of you, Augusto, Jason, etc but Kelly makes it so easy. It is weird hearing your own voice though. :)

Barb

Registered
I agree

cmcantwell;88180 said:
Well, I did have big shoes to fill following the likes of you, Augusto, Jason, etc but Kelly makes it so easy. It is weird hearing your own voice though. :)

I couldn't stand listening back to myself!

Mark Jantzen

Registered
Nice Job!

Enjoyed the conversation as well. Your system sounds a lot like how I've adopted my iPad as a central part of my GTD system.

Thanks for sharing!

Barb

Registered
iPad

I got my iPad just this morning and it's syncing now. Someone asked me how I could justify the cost. I think it's probably like home computers, when they first came out (yes, I remember!): You really don't know what you can do with them and how you can use them until you actually get one!

I loved hearing how you replaced your laptop on short trips. That is my goal as well.

mcogilvie

Registered
Barb;88194 said:
I got my iPad just this morning and it's syncing now. Someone asked me how I could justify the cost.

Right now I am flat on my back, typing on my iPad. I've had back problems for about 6 weeks now, and I can sit up for only limited periods. I am slowly improving, but I have been using my iPad in any orientation comfortable to me throughout. Last summer, I took it on a 2+ week business trip to China instead of a laptop, and on several other trips as my main device. Trust me, my iPad has more than paid for itself. Enjoy, Barb.

cmcantwell

Registered
Agree on the iPads value

With most of my reference and project support now being cloud based (Evernote & DropBox), I feel like my iPad works really well for work travel. Plus it also provides hoursmofmfun and entertainment when I'm working on @braintoast. Totally worth the cost to me.

By the way, I also enjoy the video chat features of it since Rachel and I do so much better visually than just over the phone.

TesTeq

Registered
It's not about the cost, stupid!

Barb;88194 said:
Someone asked me how I could justify the cost.

I think the only true answer to this question is:

It's not about the cost, stupid!