New website - WOW!

darlakbrown

Registered
The new GTD connect website is great. Congratulations on a job well done! Plus, the 16 video modules! -- excellent- can't wait to watch them. Great idea! (plus the organization/cross reference is very helfpul!)

mcogilvie

Registered
darlakbrown;55864 said:
The new GTD connect website is great. Congratulations on a job well done! Plus, the 16 video modules! -- excellent- can't wait to watch them. Great idea! (plus the organization/cross reference is very helfpul!)

The video + discussion format is very good so far. I find the main page to be useless, however. Whenever I am looking for something, I have to hunt around. It's hard to believe whoever did the web design actually knows anything about getting things done, upper or lower case.

Paul@Pittsburgh

Registered
I have to admit that since the changes I have lost all track of what's new and what's not and where anything is.

Where are these new videos? Do you mean the 2 min videos?

I need to sit down with a cup of coffee and renavigate the site, but this is sitting on my action list as not a high priority right now.

Paul

Paul@Pittsburgh

Registered
OK so I click on media. And I see the following:

Seminar Excerpts

Excerpts from David's most popular seminars, delivered directly to your computer.

Featuring 15 hours of video on topics such as basics, organize, Five Phases of Workflow, workflow, and productivity.

So I click on this to see where the 15 hours of video are.

Under seminar excerpts I have the GTD workshop which is about 47 mins, and the Mackenzie lecture which is maybe an hour.

Under coaching I only have one video - which is 3.5 mins on the inbox.

Under inspiration I have 9 videos which are maybe 2-2.5 mins each. i.e. about 25 mins max.

So where is the 15 hours of video for this section?

I am very confused by all this and have to admit to feeling like I am being mislead about what is available... unless I am not seeing the wood for the trees here.

Paul

Barb

Registered
A suggestion to Davidco

Perhaps you all might want to consider sending out an email or something explaining everything? I like the look of it, and I'm able to find some things. But, like Paul in freezing cold Pittsburgh, it's still causing me some pain.

darlakbrown

Registered
They DID send out an email. It clearly explains that the remaining videos in the 16 series are on their way. Geesh! Tough crowd. You wanna watch them all right now? Well, maybe try watching what has been posted, practicing it and then coming back to the site. Why do you have to view it all in one sitting?

The new site is a huge improvement. People in this forum have been yiping about not having new content. Well, here it is. It's clear that they're adding to the site all the time. Check out the new management matrix quiz, the new videos, the cross-referencing of content, easy download of PDFs.

Have a great day!

Paul@Pittsburgh

Registered
darlakbrown;55904 said:
They DID send out an email. It clearly explains that the remaining videos in the 16 series are on their way. Geesh! Tough crowd. You wanna watch them all right now? Well, maybe try watching what has been posted, practicing it and then coming back to the site. Why do you have to view it all in one sitting?

The new site is a huge improvement. People in this forum have been yiping about not having new content. Well, here it is. It's clear that they're adding to the site all the time. Check out the new management matrix quiz, the new videos, the cross-referencing of content, easy download of PDFs.

Have a great day!

Well with all due respect I hunted around for this and had to go back to the emails to see what you was referring to. Without using the link in the email it took me some time to find it.

What's New is just consumed with links to what are being posted in the forums (bad move I think since it makes finding any new content impossible).

Also, my main question had nothing to do with these 16 modules. Again I will say it since I guess I didn't explain more clearly before. I click on an existing link which says 15 hours of video and then find there is maybe 2.5 hrs at best. So why put 15 hrs there if it isn't available? I don't even think this is meant to have any relation to the new video modules, but maybe I am wrong.

I stand by what I have said. I think the navigation of the site remains confusing. Two other people have said the same in this one thread. I am not sure why you are getting so defensive Darla and making comments about people "applying" the material. WOW. Where did that come from?

Paul@Pittsburgh

Registered
darlakbrown;55904 said:

Have a great day!

I just want to further add. Some of what you say here I might agree with, for example the management matrix quiz. But cross referencing of content, easy download of PDFs... this is just basic site management and I would suggest not what people are paying for. This would be an expected part of delivering the service and ongoing improvement and maintenance. People pay for new content and it should therefore be easy to find it and clearly marked as such.

sdann

Registered
Perhaps if the content was dated? Being new to GTDConnect I cannot compare old with new. I am impressed with how much content there is. Now I just need to figure out what to listen to next. I was thinking of going by topic and listing what I intend to listen to and what I've listened to.

On another note, I love the matrix, because I'm no longer the ultimate micro manager. As I work on my Horizons, perspective is getting clearer.

Julian

Registered
All 16 have been posted

It looks like all 16 have been posted.
Go to https://secure.davidco.com/connect/connect/start.php
And click on items in this list:
Keep checking back for additional modules in the coming weeks.
Introduction and Overview
The Basic Productivity Tools
The Calendar
All the Other Lists
Project Management
Processing
Processing E-mail
Processing Paper and Other Physical Stuff
Collecting
Areas Of Focus
Review and Renew the System
Prioritizing
Horizons of Focus
Non-Action Stuff: Someday's
Non-Action Stuff: Reference
Keeping GTD Going

I tried several from the top and bottom of the list, and the videos were posted.