• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Newbie, GTD Nirvana Outlook Question

Lani

Registered
I have been using Todoist for about a year but have become super complacent with this particular tool. I am switching over to Nirvana to get more into the GTD mindset. Through Todoist I have a nice little task bar that I was able to add to my outlook Email dashboard. Is there a way to do this with Nirvana or will I simply have to have a browser open to the page at all times?

Thanks so much,

Lani
 
I have been using Todoist for about a year but have become super complacent with this particular tool. I am switching over to Nirvana to get more into the GTD mindset. Through Todoist I have a nice little task bar that I was able to add to my outlook Email dashboard. Is there a way to do this with Nirvana or will I simply have to have a browser open to the page at all times?

Thanks so much,

Lani
No, there are no addins to Outlook. You can email directly to the inbox, though.
 
I used nirvana for a while and i will wholeheartedly recommend (though ironically i recently switched to todoist), but i agree with @Longstreet above. Go into your settings in Nirvana, there is an option to copy the email address for your inbox. Save it in your contacts and go. Another option is to make this a "quick action" in outlook so you can use a keyboard shortcut while processing your inbox. I have done this with Nirvana and todoist and it works pretty well.
 
Top