Next Action Verbs Checklist

Hussein

Registered
If every member in the forum shared his list of next action verbs we can build a large check list of Next Action verbs and we can group it for ease of use. For example, 1.Group COMMUNICATE : call, text, meet, mail, ... 2.Group, COMPUTER WORK: print, upload, develop ..... etc. This way we can build a categorized list of next action verbs that will make creating next action easier then execution will be easier.wait your contribution

Last edited:

Josh Mitchell

Registered
Here is the list of Next Action Verbs I currently reference

Slack
Text
Call
Talk to (Agendas List)
Waiting for (List)
Draft
Design
Email
Review
Find
Gather
Register
Order
Fill out
Add
Update
Pull out
Organize
Buy
Fill out
Read
Measure
Purge
Print
Take
Load

Roger

Registered
Hmmm I wonder if it might be more useful to have a list of red-flag verbs -- ones that sort of look like a proper Next Action from a distance, but often have a bad smell to them.

Think About
Figure Out
Decide
Find Out

If every member in the forum shared his list of next action verbs we can build a large check list of Next Action verbs and we can group it for ease of use. For example, 1.Group COMMUNICATE : call, text, meet, mail, ... 2.Group, COMPUTER WORK: print, upload, develop ..... etc. This way we can build a categorized list of next action verbs that will make creating next action easier then execution will be easier.wait your contribution
A few more:

Tidy
Clean
Paint
Practice (red flag??)
Make
Map
Sketch
Check
Process
Locate (find)

Oogiem

Registered
sn't the "design" verb too complex for Next Actions
I think that depends. I have as current next actions Design Create Lab Submission Screen in tkinter for trich test forms.

Some of my action verbs:
email
draft
phone
text
count
review
evaluate
consider
print
scan
edit