• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Next Acts

I've always had trouble with the holy phrase "Next Action," and I recently realized why. "Act" refers to the deed, while "action" refers more to the doing, which seems to be why DA calls them Actions in the first place. But Acts are a tiny bit more abstract [in a good way], the little incremental things I want to complete, rather than the way I visualize completing them, which is what Actions are. Kind of like and Act is a mini- or even micro-project. I can get behind acts a lot more than actions. Actions can include spinning my wheels. Acts is like acts in a play, or a legislature. Something whole, even if a small whole, gets done.

See http://www.answers.com/act&r=67, USAGE NOTE.
 
Top