• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Note Taking

  • Thread starter Thread starter vpierce
  • Start date Start date
V

vpierce

Guest
I'm not yet versed in David Allen's methods and tools (materials on the way), but I'm hoping someone has a few suggestions on note taking. My current system of planning and organization is serving me very well - I use the 7 Habits/First Things First methods. However, what I haven't yet mastered is taking notes. Currently, I use index cards to take action items and follow-up notes in meetings and I usually write notes on the agenda. If there is something in my notes I should keep later upon review, I log it into my Outlook Organizer and toss the notes.

I see other folks who keep a notebook full of meeting and conversation notes (typically writing down what gets put on the white board). These people often refer back to these...kinda makes me feel I should be doing the same thing, but I'm really sensative to what I write down in my in my notepad - it doesn't get tossed!

Any suggestions?
 
Top