• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Notes vs Text files

Recently I downloaded David's PDF file for setting up Outlook and read this over the weekend. So far I have been keeping my context lists altogether in a single Excel spreadsheet with a separate context on a unique sheet. This has worked nicely for me, but it does have some drawbacks (particularly for @agenda items where Outlook looks far more elegant). So I am going to give Outlook a try for task management as well.

While looking at the PDF file I noted David's comments about Notes. I have not been using Notes at all so far - instead I just create a memo/word/text file and store it under a relevant folder on my PC or Pocket PC. I have a couple of questions.

1. Are there any benefits to using Notes in Outlook vs having separate files stored under subject folders

2. On my Pocket PC running Pocket Windows 2002, I cannot seem to assign a category to my Notes - is there a workaround to this?

Thanks

Paul
 
Top