notes

yoha

Registered
Notes are huge in the GTD methodology but what to do when you need to write an idea or something but can't? like when you are working out(running, swimming, etc).

OF user

Registered
If I don't have or can't get access a capture tool (swimming) - I try to remember til I can. Then next time I try really hard to focus on swimming. :)

Oogiem

Registered
Notes are huge in the GTD methodology but what to do when you need to write an idea or something but can't? like when you are working out(running, swimming, etc).
I always carry a capture tool with me. Lets say I'm lifting weights and think of an idea. I stop, grab my notepad that is always in a pocket or near me and write it down. Or say I've got a sheep in one hand but need to take a note, I grab my phone and use siri to remind me to x and then hope Siri gets it right, I don't swim but I'd probably have a notepad at the pool by my towel and stop, got take the note and then continue. Worst case I'd get a small waterproof notebook and marker like divers use and carry that with me if important notes are something I always think of when swimming.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
I really like lap swimming, partly because I get good ideas. I only have to hold the idea in my head for a short time before I get back to the edge of the pool, dry off one hand, and write the idea down.

On a tangent, the swimming technique that appeals to me is Total Immersion, which focuses on reducing resistance and drag, just like GTD.