• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

OLK Add-In + mind mapper/outliner: Best practices?

Howdy.

For those who use both the Outlook Add-In and MindManager/ResultsManager or another mind mapping/outliner program...

Which program do you use in each phase of a task's life (e.g., generating the NA, inputting to the system, managing/recategorizing, reviewing)? What functions do you use in one program, vs. another? Examples are always helpful.

For me MM/RM is most useful for viewing projects, generating Next Actions, and arraying them in a way that makes sense for reviews. However, I find it considerably easier to enter and manage NAs/tasks in the Add-In. The MindManager/Result Manager sync function strips off important information for tasks, including Categories, which are critical to managing NAs in Outlook and the very foundation of GTD.

I sense there's lots of potential here to tap into the strengths of each program, but I haven't gotten the hang of it.

Being a process question, I think it's equally applicable to the GTD and Tools Forums.

Thanks!
 
Top