OmniFocus Project List

ivanjay205

Registered
Hi everyone,

I am rereading the Getting Things Done book which I do every few years. One thing that I heard which makes a lot of sense is to maintain a "Project List" INDEPENDENT of the next actions so that you are not focusing on acting or managing the project but ensuring you have all of your projects in your system.

Is there a way to do that in OmniFocus? I have been trying to view the project list but I find my own habit of getting sucked into the right side of the screen and looking at Next Actions within them. How do I see a project list and folders (area of focus) ONLY with no next actions?

Thanks in advance!

Wilson Ng

Registered
I usually just "Select All" in the outline and then tap on the left arrow key to collapse all the folders. Then I tap on the right arrow key to expand to only one level. The outline will show just the folders and the project names. It will hide the next actions which is at the next nested level.

To quicken this up, I created a Keyboard Maestro macro that simulates what I did but using menu commands.

Screen Shot 2022-06-25 at 16.53.01.pngScreen Shot 2022-06-25 at 17.03.31.pngScreen Shot 2022-06-25 at 17.05.52.png

All of the macro steps that are choosing the menus will have the "Abort on Failure" and "Notify on Failure" turned off.