• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Online Solution

  • Thread starter Thread starter BobGTD
  • Start date Start date
B

BobGTD

Guest
I was wondering what the most important aspects of an online or computer based GTD system. If you could have someone build a solution for you, what features would you insist that it have?

My top 3:
1. Simple Interface (this is what i think most online task managers and to-do systems lack)

2. Ability to view my lists on my phone/PDA - I don't know if I would use my PDA to add items, but I would want to be able to easily see my projects, actions, ticklers, etc.

3. File attachments - I want to attach files (emails, word docs, whatever) to specific actions, projects, etc.

What do you all think?
 
Hi Bob,

Have you seen Backpack? Requires a monthly fee to permit attachments, but is versatile and easy. Visible via mobile web browser using my WM5 phone... but don't get every feature from my phone browsing.

You might also look at GTD Tiddlywiki. Tiddly cannot save attachments, but you can carry it with you on a USB flash drive or save it in an online email account.

-Jeremy
 
Top