"Open Tab" solution

gtdstudente

Registered
Good fellow GTDer'

Does anyone have techniques-&-tips to resolve keeping seemingly excessive digital Tabs open from 'fear' of losing them, too much trouble to find, forgetting the follow-up, etc. for a more attractive Tab-free digital environment?

Thank you very much

OneNote web clipper - not perfect but it works, or capturing the URL into OneNote into the relevant part of my notebook(s);
browser bookmarks for things I know will be relevant for a while, so this forum for example
Pinterest for craft and gardening ideas - mainly visuals

But I hate having loads of tabs open all the time. My partner has dozens and then complains his internet is slow...

OneNote web clipper - not perfect but it works, or capturing the URL into OneNote into the relevant part of my notebook(s);
browser bookmarks for things I know will be relevant for a while, so this forum for example
Pinterest for craft and gardening ideas - mainly visuals

But I hate having loads of tabs open all the time. My partner has dozens and then complains his internet is slow...
@HelenM

Super . . . thank you very much

@HelenM and @cfoley

Very GTD smooth

Always seeking ways to avoid "by-passing" @Contexts lists . . . this would seem to be a facilitating reason to the begin with @Contexts lists before the doing

Thank you very much

I have set up my bookmarks with folder just as a GTD system, with Inbox, Action Support, Reference, etc. Whenever I want to look at something later, I save it in Inbox for further processing. I use Brave which is synced across all device, making sure nothing gets lost.

I have set up my bookmarks with folder just as a GTD system, with Inbox, Action Support, Reference, etc. Whenever I want to look at something later, I save it in Inbox for further processing. I use Brave which is synced across all device, making sure nothing gets lost.
@René Lie

Yes . . . to revisit that as well, as was only using as Reference

Perfect timing since the "booksmarks" are in need of a Weekly Review 'cleanout' which might be why the "booksmarks" became less attractive

Thank you very much sir

I use the OneTab plug-in in my browser. It automatically saves tabs by date as a list of links with titles. You can then organize as you wish. Saves a lot of RAM

Good fellow GTDer'

Does anyone have techniques-&-tips to resolve keeping seemingly excessive digital Tabs open from 'fear' of losing them, too much trouble to find, forgetting the follow-up, etc. for a more attractive Tab-free digital environment?

Thank you very much
Hi
You can use the One Tab plugin for web browsers to organise your tabs.
It is a simple tool and you will quickly see how it works.
I have been using it for years on Firefox. About 5 or 6 years for sure.

One important note though...
A few days ago I lost my saved tabs. Out of the blue, OneTab broke. It was the first time ever.
And as for Firefox, there's almost no way to recover it if you don't have a computer backup.
As they wrote - from time to time OneTab could crash.

The solution? Luckily, I saved links to Nirvana because many of them were related to my projects.
You can save all/part of your links as one link and then copy it to save.
It's not a perfect solution, I probably lost some links (I can't remember), but maybe it will help you.
Anyway, the risk (very small, but it exists) is up to you.

PS. it is my first post here, however I have been reading forum for few years ;) thank you ALL for your support and job here