Outlook 2007: question about day-specific actions

MrProactive

Registered
Default Reminder Option

This is happening because in Tools / Options, on the first tab, you have "Default reminder:" checked or turned on. :( A real pain; I know -- you can turn it off -- then these reminders will not pop up -- however, you will not get an automatic alarm for new calendar events you enter.

I personally have turned it off and make a conscience effort to turn on the reminder and decide when I want an alarm.

ablaze

Registered
Oh dear.:eek:
I think I'll try both options and eventually go with having reminders turned off, too. I use GTD and Outlook with a Pocket PC, maybe having the reminders turned on in my PPC Outlook will suffice.

thanks for your help!

edit: I wonder how DA's Workflow Processing Using Outlook 2007 version will handle this problem.

Howard

Registered
MrProactive;54791 said:
This is happening because in Tools / Options, on the first tab, you have "Default reminder:" checked or turned on. :( A real pain; I know -- you can turn it off -- then these reminders will not pop up -- however, you will not get an automatic alarm for new calendar events you enter.

I personally have turned it off and make a conscience effort to turn on the reminder and decide when I want an alarm.

Thank you! This one has irritated me for years.