• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Outlook 2007: question about day-specific actions

Default Reminder Option

This is happening because in Tools / Options, on the first tab, you have "Default reminder:" checked or turned on. :( A real pain; I know -- you can turn it off -- then these reminders will not pop up -- however, you will not get an automatic alarm for new calendar events you enter.

I personally have turned it off and make a conscience effort to turn on the reminder and decide when I want an alarm.
 
Oh dear.:o
I think I'll try both options and eventually go with having reminders turned off, too. I use GTD and Outlook with a Pocket PC, maybe having the reminders turned on in my PPC Outlook will suffice.

thanks for your help!

edit: I wonder how DA's Workflow Processing Using Outlook 2007 version will handle this problem.
 
MrProactive;54791 said:
This is happening because in Tools / Options, on the first tab, you have "Default reminder:" checked or turned on. :( A real pain; I know -- you can turn it off -- then these reminders will not pop up -- however, you will not get an automatic alarm for new calendar events you enter.

I personally have turned it off and make a conscience effort to turn on the reminder and decide when I want an alarm.

Thank you! This one has irritated me for years.
 
Top