• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Outlook Add-in- Problem with projects tab

I've got a problem that maybe someone can help me solve. For some reason when I enter a task into Outlook (with the GTD add-in) and then go to assign it to a project via the drop down list, I am not seeing the whole list of projects I've already defined. Instead I just get the "add new project" dialogue. This is a sudden developement - for a couple fo days it worked fine and I saw my list of projects growing in the drop down as I added them. Anyone have any idea what's going on?
 
Projects list

I expect that you've worked this out by now, but if not, here's what works for me. From any main screen in Outlook, go to Tools/Options/GTD (tab)/Manage Projects (button). Check the resulting screen to see if your projects might have been checked for "hide". I use this screen to see that closed projects don't clutter up the drop-down list in the new task box.

Steve
 
Top