• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

outlook and palm categories

  • Thread starter Thread starter kbcooley
  • Start date Start date
K

kbcooley

Guest
I used a Palm a couple of years ago. Went back to paper and then discovered GTD. I am making the move back to a pda/phone unit. The unit I am using is an older one, donated by a friend so I can see if I like it before dropping the big bucks.

Here is my problem.

I have been using Outlook for a while and want to continue using it. I am using an old copy of KeyContacts for my pda to keep all the contact fields and the categories synched with my pda. Other than this one add on, I would like to keep the pda pretty vanilla.

The difficulty I am having is with the todo list. I am setting up categories for my NA's in the todo section of the pda. They don't synch with Outlook! If I create a NA on my computer and assign it to a category, that doesn't synch with my pda. Is there something I am missing, or am I going to have to resort to yet another add on?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

kbcooley
 
OK, I think I may have figured it out. I went to my PocketMirror settings and changed it to Handheld Category = Outlook Categotries Field. Can only have one category per item, but since this is my NA List, I can't imagine needing more than one category (@Calls, @Errands, etc.) per item. I think the Outlook add-in does it a little different with sub-folders & stuff like that, but I think this will work for now. Take care.

kbcooley
 
Top