• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Outlook Blackberry (Tasks with email attachement)

Hi Guys,

I am trying to figure out the best way to transform an outlook email into a task.

I have outlook 2010 and the GTD 2010 white paper suggested that I either:

1. Add a task with the email as an attachment
or
2. Add a task with a copy of the body of the email

I certainly prefer the first option since i can double click the "email icon" and reply to the mail immediately instead of searching my @ACTION email folder for the email again.

My problem is my blackberry.

After synchronizing the tasks to my blackberry i found out that the message is not visible on the BB. I tried pocketinformant and the problem is the same.

Did anyone face a similar problem before? what's the best practice for this situation

I am extensively on the move and do use my blackberry a lot to finish my work.

Appreciate any info you can share :rolleyes:
 
This is the expected behavior actually. File attachments would not appear on a BlackBerry.

If you actually want to respond from your BlackBerry, I would create the Task as Text, the have a really clear organizing system for storing the original email to reply to, like "@Action Support" that we suggest. Look at the latest Coaches' Connection article on Connect for a detailed description of this.
 
Top