• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Outlook Categories in Palm Os

I have just changed from a Dell Axim x30 to a Kyocera 7135 which operates on the Palm OS. I am using Pocket Mirror to synch my smartphone to Outlook 2003.

I have Outlook setup based on DA's white paper. How do I get the Outlook categories (@Office, @Calls, etc...) to replace the standard categories on the Palm?

Any help is appreciated.
 
I believe once you sync, the categories will just appear. However, there may be a limit on the number of categories you can have on the Palm, I'm posting a question about that in a new thread.
 
Here is what I did, and it worked successfully:

In Outlook, click an item and press to bring up the category list. Make changes as needed.
Launch “Chapura Settings.”
Click the “Settings” button.
Double-Click “Outlook Calendar” (for example).
In the Chapura dialog box that pops up, click “Categories/Folders.”
Select “Handheld category = Outlook’s ‘Categories’ field.”

Frank
 
Top