Outlook Error: Could not complete....

A

Anonymous

"Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid."

This is the error message I get when I try to save a new task. I've rebooted but I'm still getting the message. One of cohorts which has the GTD add-on on the same network is not running into this problem. Any ideas?

TesTeq

Registered
Outlook Error

I know you're in trouble and don't know the solution but maybe it is your error to use Outlook. Or maybe Microsoft doesn't want you to plan and do this task. Big Brother is watching :wink: .
TesTeq

A

Anonymous

I have this problem too. This is the exact error that I get when I try to save a task:

Please save the task order by clicking save task order on the actions menu in the "tasks" folder. The view must not be filtered or grouped for save task order to be available. Could not complete operation. one or more parameter values are not valid.

Mind you, I do not use the add-in. I bought the Outlook configuration pdf and configured my outlook per the instructions. What's happening is when my tasks are grouped by category with completed tasks filtered out, which is the recommended fashion for using Outlook to work within the GTD processes, I cannot save a new task.

I need to be able to save a new task when my tasks are grouped by category with completed tasks filtered out just like everyone else. Thanks. BTW, other than this the outlook configuration pdf is really great and I recommend it for anyone that's willing to go about doing the configuration work themself. Lots of tips and shortcuts that would take for working in outlook that would take me a bundle time to figure out on my own, if ever.

Anyhow, anyone ever have and resolve this task saving issue?

ext555

Registered
YES , I have :)

Just do exactly what it's telling you to do (how long it takes depends on how many tasks you have )

Use the view in tasks called "simple list"

it fixed the issue for me .

S

sjk

A fix for the error during sending emails

I had the error "Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid." when trying to send emails from outlook.
The fix was that I had to delete the email that was in the outbox.
This email seemed to have no to recipient.
I was using Outlook in an office that uses MS Exchange Server.

I was using Outlook from Office XP and MS windows small business server 2000.

O

olink14

tasks and "cannot complete operation..."

I have the same problem. Tried the "simple list suggestion" to no avail. Any other solutions found for this problem?

Thanks!!!

L

lesbeck

Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid

YES ! I found a solution to this issue that worked for me. It is MS article 197036 here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/197036/en-us

I used Method 1 from the article and it worked! I could not believe it actually worked after all the other "fixes" I have been trying all day long.

Our specs: XP OS and XP Office using Exchange Server 2000 (Corporate).

SharenF

Registered
Parameter values error when sending email.

sjk;34604 said:
I had the error "Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid." when trying to send emails from outlook.
The fix was that I had to delete the email that was in the outbox.
This email seemed to have no to recipient.
I was using Outlook in an office that uses MS Exchange Server.

I was using Outlook from Office XP and MS windows small business server 2000.

I am using Outlook from Office 2010 with Windows 7 Pro. There is nothing in my outbox, so I am still stuck. The email I am trying to send is one to be forwarded and I wonder if that's the problem. Maybe I should copy the offending email and then try to send it?