• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Outlook Question - Automatic filing with Reply

  • Thread starter Thread starter jonmc12
  • Start date Start date
J

jonmc12

Guest
I just downloaded the trial version of the MS Outlook Add-in. It is very useful. One thing I particularly like is that when I hit the 'Delegate' button it does the following: 1) Forwards the e-mail to recipient; 2) Creates a Task; 3) Gives me the option to File the e-mail in a reference folder.

In a similar function to this I would like to use one button to do the following: 1) REPLY to an e-mail; 2) Have the option to create a task; 3) Have the option to file in the directory of my choice. To me this seems like the simplest way to both process my e-mails and file the originals in a place that I can find them later.

Does anyone know how to do this either through the outlook Add-in or Outlook itself? Or, am I missing something? Is there another very simple way for me to reply to my e-mails and store them for reference at the same time?

Thanks,
Jonathan
 
Top