Outlook tasks and calander

A

Anonymous

Is there a way to put items in categories and have dates appear on the calander in one step or does it require putting items in both places?

M

Mikem42

Maybe with a macro?

I don't believe this is possible without some kind of macro to copy one of the items and create the other (or take data from the user and create 2 items). Outlook stores tasks and calendar items in two different areas so even if you were to create both, changing one wouldn't change the other unless you had some kind of complicated add-in to manage them (AFAIK).

What are you trying to achieve by having a calendar-task combo?

- Mike

B

bdesilva

Check out Taskline for this

I have used this product for a year now. It can schedule and put your tasks on the Calendar. Fantastic stuff. I have no interest in this company, just love the product.

www.taskline.com

jpm

Registered
Taskline & GTD?

Does TaskLine work with the GTD Add-in? If so it could be exactly what I've been looking for...

C

Claire

Re: Taskline & GTD?

jpm said:
Does TaskLine work with the GTD Add-in? If so it could be exactly what I've been looking for...

I use both Taskline and the GTD Add-in and haven't found any conflict between them.
Claire.

R

RAN

Re: Check out Taskline for this

bdesilva said:
I have used this product for a year now. It can schedule and put your tasks on the Calendar. Fantastic stuff. I have no interest in this company, just love the product.

www.taskline.com

BDeSilva:

I just want to chime in here for a bit of thanks. Your post pointed me to TaskLine and I have been blown away by it. I messed with Outlook for over 3 hours getting everything straight with the GTD Plugin and Taskline and the effort has been well worth it.

TaskLine created a schedule for me perfectly and I'm already amazed at the results. Using it is MUCH easier than the manual dragging-and-dropping of Tasks to the Calendar that I'm used to. Literally amazing!

Thanks again.

B

bdesilva

I agree. Good stuff. I'm continually trying new ways to make it better. It's even more flexible than in seems upon first try. The author is very responsive to suggestions too.