Outlook Tasks in separate pst files?

larea

Registered
I just started keeping my tasks in Outlook in the last couple of months. I am wondering, is there a way to move some tasks to a different pst file? I know with emails you can just set up the file and drag the emails to it, but I'm not sure how the tasks work.

I would like to be able to exclude my someday/maybe and incubating lists from syncing to my pocket pc.

isteve09

Registered
Yes that's possible and i did it, but (in 2003 at least) the big issue with Tasks in a separate PST is that you can not drag & drop mails anymore into tasks.
(You can but they end in the normal PST and not in the new one)

larea

Registered
Thanks for the answer - what I was really wondering was whether it is possible to put certain tasks (ie someday maybe) in a separate pst file while leaving others in the main pst file, thereby preventing the tasks in the secondary pst file from syncing to my pocket pc.

Not sure if this is feasible or not......

clango

Registered
Export to excel files?

lareaarnett;75093 said:
Thanks for the answer - what I was really wondering was whether it is possible to put certain tasks (ie someday maybe) in a separate pst file while leaving others in the main pst file, thereby preventing the tasks in the secondary pst file from syncing to my pocket pc.
Not sure if this is feasible or not......

Let's have a look if you could export in an excel files all the tasks you wouldn't sync.