Outlook Webinar replay is now posted!

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
The GTD & Outlook webinar I did this afternoon is now posted in the webinars box on the home page of Connect.

Currently, due to the size (over 80mb) and format (.wmv) these are not download-able or podcasted. This one also has a ton of visuals for things I showed in Outlook, so it won't make much sense as audio only.

If you do have trouble viewing, please contact us at connect@davidco.com and let us know what's not working. Some people are encountering their servers blocking them, which usually means you need to ask your IT dept if they can unblock or allow an exception for the webinar link.

There is so much to cover, I'll likely do another one with more Outlook tips and tricks.

Hope y'all find it useful!

Kelly

Barb

Registered
Awesome as usual

Kelly and Team,

You know what I've noticed about you all and Connect lately? You set our expectations...

and you beat them

Every time.

I'm thrilled with the "new" Connect (please note the new line under my name) and hope others will tell you all the same thing. I know it seems like I slobber all over you. I'm not a stalker, really! I'm just very, very enthusiastic when I really like something.

Also, you guys crack me up. It's nice to deal with people with a sense of humor!

OrionIV

Registered
FYI: Windows 7 problems

Hi Kelly

Wanted to see the webinar but ran into a few technical problems that you and your team at DA might want to look in to.

I run the RTM build of windows 7 with Internet explorer 8 version 8.0.7600.16385 and MS media player version 12.0.7600.16385 (both included in W7). When i signed up for my gotomeeting.com account based on my connect membership I was accepted but when clicking the button "View Recorded Webinar" I got a connection error message in IE8. So I tested in Safari that came with iTunes and was able to download the playlist file (.asf) and tried to run it but the MS player did not recognize the format or codec of the video stream.

I finally opened the asf file in VLC player (freeware) and the webinar can now be viewed nicely.

So my points are:
  • You guys as DA might want to check into these problems with your partner gotomeeting.com to minimize errors for the connect members
  • The workaround is using different browser and mediaplayer

Cheers,
Lars Axelsen
Denmark

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Thanks

Thanks for all of the feedback on webinars. Seems like it's not a seamless stream for everyone to play the webinars on the GTW site. We're looking at all of the issues people are encountering so we can support you all better in this!

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Technical Requirements

Hi Lars,

Lyz on our support team looked into your error messages and pointed out that you are running Windows 7. GoToWebinar does not support W7, especially since has not been publicly released. Here are the requirements:

PC Requirements:

* Internet Explorer® 6.0 or newer, Mozilla® Firefox® 2.0 or newer (JavaScript™ and Java™ enabled)
* Windows® 2000, XP, 2003 Server or Vista
* Cable modem, DSL or better Internet connection
* Minimum of Pentium® class 1GHz CPU with 512 MB of RAM (Recommended) (2 GB of RAM for Windows® Vista)

Mac® requirements:

System requirements:

* Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger®) or newer
* Safari 3.0 or newer, Firefox 2.0 or newer (JavaScript™ and Java™ enabled)
* Cable modem, DSL or better Internet connection
* Power PC G4/G5 or Intel processor (521 MB of RAM or better recommended)

Glad you found a workaround for your situation.

Kelly