Palm and Excel

Busydave

Registered
Hi

I’m currently running a Zire 31.

At work, I keep my projects and NAs on my PC in Microsoft Excel.

Is there an Excel application that I can run on my Zire so that I can hotsync my lists into it?

Thanks all.

Dave

Max

Registered
Plenty of them. Dataviz makes DocumentsToGo which is essentially Office on the Palm. There is also MobileDB; cheaper but just converts excel spreadsheets into MobileDB files; but may work for your needs. Googling "palm excel" will give you a list of many others.

mcogilvie

Registered
Max said:
Plenty of them. Dataviz makes DocumentsToGo which is essentially Office on the Palm. There is also MobileDB; cheaper but just converts excel spreadsheets into MobileDB files; but may work for your needs. Googling "palm excel" will give you a list of many others.

But the functionality may not be there for you. The little palm spreadsheets are ok to good on cell formulas and formatting, but don't have all the capabilities of Excel. Try before you buy!

Busydave

Registered
Thanks!

I probably won’t do much more than read the spreadsheet when I'm commuting, and maybe do some minor edits. The main thing I wanted was portability.

I love having an excuse to buy new software …

Dave

Busydave

Registered
HELP!

I downloaded "Documents to go", but when I go to transfer it to my handheld, I read that "There is no application on the organizer to handle this file".

I then dowloaded Palm Desktop 4.1.4 for Windows, and I read the same message "There is no application on the organizer to handle this file".

What should I do now?

Thanks!

Dave

Busydave

Registered
It's ok, I know what to do: double click on the program name where I downloaded it on my PC, to activate the install wizard.

Dave