Palm frustrations

A

Anonymous

I'm a loyal palm user for 5 years and just bought a new tungsten. my corporate network makes a DIY install impossible and when i left it in their hands they stuck me with the program Intellisync. I hate it. The worst part seems to be the glaring oversight of not being able to synce both business and home addresses from the same contact. Anyone else deal with this issue? Solutions? Should I demand that my IT people remove Intellisync?

C

Cikub

It depends on which Tungsten you have. If it's the original Tungsten T (or even T2 or W or C, I believe), you should try to get these guys to use PocketMirror which comes with your Palm. PocketMirror has an excellent reputation for effectiveness and reliability. However, you still will not be able to sync both business and personal addresses, but that's because of these Palm's addressbook which only has room for one address.

If you are using a Tungsten T3 or E, however, you should get your IT guys to load the new Outlook conduits that came with your Palm. They work fine, but the best thing is that it will sync both personal and business addresses because these new Palms have an updated addressbook application that now supports both sets of addresses.

I'm not surprised with your opinion of Intellesync. I've only heard of problems from people that are forced to use it.

C

I

intrigueme@aol.com

Address Synching Issues

All -

....fyi... I synch both Home & Business addresses to my Palm, and have been able to for years. Whichever I choose simply shows up as a "Secondary Address" in my notes field.

I synch to a Mac at home, and Outlook at work.

It may be that the Mac Palm Desktop that is giving me this greater functionality. I know that it also allows a couple of other things that the PC based Outllook or Palm Desktop do not do.

B

benjo

Re: Palm frustrations

benjo1975 said:
I'm a loyal palm user for 5 years and just bought a new tungsten. my corporate network makes a DIY install impossible and the IT staff installed Intellysync as the conduits. Unfortunately, Intellisync doesnt allow me to sync both business and home addresses from the same contact. Anyone else deal with this issue? Solutions? Should I try to remove Intellisync?