• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Palm privacy

I have all of my projects, NAs, etc on my Palm. I recently started work in a bigger office where they run a network. I arranged for my Zire software to be loaded onto my office PC … but then it dawned on me: will the network manager be able to access all of my personal data on my PC if I hot synch?

My tasks and NAs are not split between work and personal.

Anyone with similar experiences?

Thanks

Dave
 
Nope...

I use an iPAQ on my office worldwide network. It's Microsoft Exchange Server. I have had no problems. With a Pocket Pc, you are connected "live" all the time through Active Sync.

With a Palm, you are with connected with HotSync. Which is activated when you press the button.

Technically, since Palm Desktop is on your computer, your IT department could go in and have a gander when you're not looking...or if your usinig Outlook to sync, same thing.

But, I have never heard of anyone going directly into a Palm or Pocket PC. If they did, it seems to me that a Pocket PC would be an easier target.

Bob
 
I stopped using the computer desktop some time ago and never looked back -- I am well satisfied with doing everything directly on the handheld. Plus, I have TealLock, so if I lose my Palm, only a hacker can get my info -- beats the regular notebook, doesn't it. I do have backups that are encrypted on my computer (about every month I save the backup to the computer).
 
Top