• Our deepest thanks to the many GTD enthusiasts who have posted in and read this forum over the years. Because use has been steadily declining in recent years, we have reluctantly decided to make this forum a read-only reference archive. There is an active GTD discussion community on the new GTD Connect. Copy/paste this link to get a free trial: https://bit.ly/4hYicYV We still offer a range of other free resources for GTD enthusiasts at: https://gettingthingsdone.com/resources/

Palm wins over the procrastinator extraordinaire!

  • Thread starter Thread starter helenjc
  • Start date Start date
H

helenjc

Guest
While my week was not so hot in the organisation arena I did have one small victory which I shall report.

It was regarding those 'critical calls' - and probably you use it already this system but I'll tell you what worked a tiny bit!

I was stretched to the max yesterday but had some critical calls to make.
One was to a place where I did not even have the phone number but I managed to recover because the place I was visiting had internet access so I could look it up. I scanned the day on the tungsten for any windows of free time and in the centre of those free time slots I spaced the critical phone calls - with the number - eg 11am start 11am end Call Blah blah 9999-0000 with the alarm set. The best thing is that it flashes up in your face all the details - and I find it harder to ignore that - if I leave it as a non timed entry or note on the 'day' or worse still as just a 'task' - I will too often say 'nope I"m out of control, I will have to leave that to later' - even if it is very important - but with it 'interupting' my access to the palm until I tick it as done, I found I HAD to do it.

I'm going to use it more, especially for those that I have resistance to. See if I can reduce the lists that way.

Might help others with the resistance I experience.

(Perhaps I should do a similar thing for 'process in box'.... it might actually work!!)

cheers Helen
 
Top