PDA/phone combo

P

PamG

Re: phone palm combo

pstmstr said:
Just got the new Sprint Treo 600 and am loving it. Finally, a good Palm, phone, and email combo. Now, if I can just stop playing with the thing and GTD.
I hear ya, PardNah. Before moving to the Treo 600, I had a slew of apps, all theoretically to "help" me implement GTD. I realized I was spending far too much time maintaining those apps, instead of them truly assisting my maintenance. Decided the device switch (from an OS5 TG50 + Color Sidekick for Net stuff + cell phone) was a good time to really get myself together.

I now GTD rely on only two primary add-on apps, and one mini app. MemoPlus allows me to create a note, which acts as my Weekly Agenda. Broad-stroke tasks are listed in 5 areas, such as "Proficient Attorney", "Devoted Wife", etc. It's styled as follows:
> > > > (space)Agenda/03-11/M-17 thru Sun-23.

Each weekday morning, the Treo600 acts as my alarm clock. When I turn to pick it up, that list is open and staring me in the face. It lives in a "+Agenda" category, along with one-line tasks for the day.
> > > > 03.11.20 • ProjectA > next action

As I complete a task, I enter an "x" at the beginning of the line,
> > > > 03.11.20 • ProjectC > next action
> > > > x 03.11.20 • ProjectA > DUE: next action
which auto-bumps that task down to the end of the list. (The dot appears only in all work-related tasks, so they will appear first in the listing. The "due" = gotta to) During evening review, I move the completed items to "+Review", where they remain for the month. Daily morning reviews are also much easier now, as everything is in one place, so figuring out the "next action" step is a no-brainer.

The other primary app is MemoLeaf, which offers the speediest lookup imaginable. The third = HabitSuccess, which I use to keep track of new positive habits I'm attempting to implement.