Photos - good way to organise

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Exactly. LinkedIn allows that. We're snorting through the Forum software settings to see if there is something similar.

Thanks!

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Big thanks to all of you for reporting spam and helping to keep the forums relevant

I appreciate when you all report spam. I process those email notifications I get about spam reports first thing in the morning. Those reports have links directly to the spam posts so I can take action on them. After that, when I go to 'new posts' in the forums, much of the spam clearing has already been done.

We'll look for forum software settings that discourage spammers but still make it as easy as possible for all of you to participate in the forums.

Best,
John

TesTeq

Registered
Slowing down the posting process?

John Forrister;91571 said:
We'll look for forum software settings that discourage spammers but still make it as easy as possible for all of you to participate in the forums.

What about slowing down the posting process? Spammers are in a hurry and often cut and paste text with links while forum users write their own thoughts.

I cannot report spam more often than one post per minute but I can post spam like a machine gun. It is not fair.

elbow

Registered
iPhoto vs Aperture vs Lightroom

Coming back to the original subject matter, does anyone have any views on iPhoto vs Aperture vs Lightroom as photo organising tools? I'm about to upgrade my aging MacBook to a nice shiny MBP and I'm thinking about moving beyond iPhoto. I have around 6,000 photos at the moment, growing by about 1,000 a year. I feel like I'm starting to outgrow iPhoto but I'm concerned that moving to something else will take a huge amount of time to climb a new learning curve. Aperture looks like something quite close to iPhoto (as you'd expect I guess) but I've heard reports that it runs extremely slowly under OS X Lion. Lightroom also looks like a good solution but takes me away from the setup I'm used to. So if anyone has any thoughts on the best way forward, I'd be really interested to hear from you!

Thanks

Nathan

Oogiem

Registered
elbow;91596 said:
Coming back to the original subject matter, does anyone have any views on iPhoto vs Aperture vs Lightroom as photo organising tools?

I haven't used either but when I asked my photography friend he pointed me to this article:

http://www.twin-pixels.com/raw-processors-review-aperture-bibble-capture-one-dxo-lightroom/

And said he prefers Lightroom for features but the Aperture interface is easier to use. FWIW he uses both, different cameras have their pictures in one or the other system.

TesTeq

Registered
We, good people...

kelstarrising;91602 said:
We're doing our best TesTeq. So sorry you are so upset about this situation.

Kelly, I've never wanted to make it sound like a complaint. It is really a minor issue.

My remarks have rather philosophical nature - in our world spammers, cheaters and thieves can walk the easier path because they do not have to obey the rules - we, good people must obey them...

elbow

Registered
Oogiem;91604 said:
I haven't used either but when I asked my photography friend he pointed me to this article:

http://www.twin-pixels.com/raw-processors-review-aperture-bibble-capture-one-dxo-lightroom/

Thanks Oogie, that was a fantastic article! I'm edging towards Aperture on the basis that it's a lot closer to iPhoto which I'm used to, and also on the Mac App Store it's about 1/4 the price of Lightroom - but as both of them offer 30-day trials I think I will download both of them and try them out